Chapter 11

It's been 2 weeks since my debut, I was able to visit Sundrop last week and catch up with him. 

He completely understood my lack of checking in on him.  Him being busy with little children, and me with my arrival to the establishment.  I did play some games with him to make up for it, some children joined as well.

We played
Hide and seek
Tag
Simon says
And thumbs up 7 up.
(I fabulous game I grew up playing, I definitely recommend checking it out.)

I even pulled out art supplies for us to color and draw.   I like drawing flowers, so that's what I focused on as we talked about what we liked to draw.

(I know that's chalk, but just imagine it on paper)

(All my art)

I took one of the roses I drew and pinned it to the art board in the daycare.

I can give another flower to Jodi and the other rose to Monty.  I've kinda got a small crush on Monty, I found this out just two days ago when he asked me to play golf with him.

Two days ago

Monty came up to me after he had a maintenance check up.   "Y/n, you up for some golf tonight?"   I eagerly nodded  "How about 1am?"  He asked sweetly.  "Of course! I'll see you then, bye Monty".  " Bye darlin." He said as he winked at me as he lowered his shades.

Boy was he the charmer.   If I had a heart of flesh I'd probably have a heart attack.  But I love the way he makes me feel, the way my cooling fans have a hard time cooling me down from over heating.   I felt like a school girl in love.   But can you blame me?   He is a cool Gator with base guitar skills to match his nonchalant vibe.  

The kids seemed to notice my daydreaming state and giggled.

"Y/n, what are you thinking about?" A little girl asked.

"Would you believe me if I told you a secret?"  I whispered,  just for the girls coloring with Sundrop and I and for Sundrop to hear.

"Of course!" Sundrop quietly said back, "I'll even keep the secret under lock and key".

The girls agreed and scooted closer.

"Ok, well here goes nothing.  I really like Montgomery Gator".

They gasped and giggled.

" That's a great choice Y/n!" Another girl smiled at me.  I completely agree.

"If ya need any help with the Gator, don't hesitate to give me a task to help with!"  Sundrop informed me of his helpful intentions.  I nodded, I'm glad they support me.   The difficult part now is telling Monty, what would he think?  

"I was planning to give him this other rose I drew, cause he really like the picture us him and is singing that I made for him. He hung it I  his room".  The girls awed at that.

" You two would be sooo cute!" One of the girls commented.

"Yeah!"
"They would"
"Yes yes yes!!"

They are so sweet!

"Y/n?"  Someone called my name.
"I'm in the play area!"

Monty came through the doors only seconds later, making the girl giggle more as they colored.

"Shhhh" Sundrop shushed them, trying hard not to laugh himself.

"Hi Monty!" I smiled as I sat on my knees.

"The furniture just arrived, I thought you'd like to know".

" Thank you Monty, let's go get and take care of that. That's if you want to help".

"Of course, let's go".

I picked up the flower pictures and left the daycare with Monty, after waving to Sundrop and the kids of course.

"Monty, can we stop at your room really quick?"   "Sure, why?"  I showed him the rose picture and smiled.  "I wanted to give you another one of my drawings".

His arm wrapped around my shoulders as he redirected us to Rockstar row, and toward his own room.  I grabbed a pin and pinned the picture on the cork board on the wall. I think I like this, making pictures for Monty and pinning them on the board, in his room.

Before we left Monty's room, he leand in closer to me and placed his sunglasses on my beak.   I look in the mirror and giggled, I posed and did Monty's signature rocker fist. "Lets rock and roll!"  He chuckled at my impression of him.  He ruffled my feathers and brought me out of the room.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

The furniture was already in the crafting room when we got there.   Jodi grinned apon seeing me with Monty's Sunglasses on.   "You're just in time, we were about to start decorating. So let's begin shall we?"