Eight. the truth comes out

~The Truth Comes Out~

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Getting ready for the meeting tonight was stressful enough. Amaya didn't know what to expect. From what she has heard around town, Falcón heard about the meeting they had in Colombia and in return, not only did he steal Rafa's weed, he also burned the rest to the ground. Stephanie then added on how the guys barely made it out alive because Falcón sent the army. Amaya was happy to hear that they were okay, especially Ramón. As much as she hated him right now, she always cared about his well being. Whether Isabella talked to Falcón or not was irrelevant since Miguel Ángel had sent his men to kill him.

Amaya looked at herself in the mirror as she fixed her outfit. She wore a black dress that was open in the middle, a black bodysuit under her dress, and black thigh high heels. Amaya wore her wavy hair in a half up and half down hairstyle. As she was putting on her red lipstick, she could see her mother staring at her by the door.

"Estás nerviosa." Catherine stated as she stepped inside the room. Catherine knew everything her daughter was doing, Amaya never kept anything from her. 

"¿Es obvio?" Amaya questioned as she put her lipstick down and turned towards her mother.

"Mija, I know you like the back of my hand. You may try to hide it but I know, I was in your shoes not too long ago." Catherine replied, taking a seat on the bed.

"And what did you do to calm your nerves?" Amaya asked, sitting next to her mother. She didn't want to make it obvious to those men that she was nervous. They wouldn't take her seriously.

"Have people in your corner, have people you can trust. Miguel Ángel may be my friend but he isn't trustworthy. You at least have your uncle Amado, he'll never turn his back on you. You also have the Cali cartel, even if they won't be there." Catherine responded.

"Yea, I know. As long as Miguel Ángel wants to work with them, he can't harm me." Amaya spoke. After Amaya got back home, Pacho had called her to make some agreements behind Miguel Ángel's back. It was the Cali cartel's way of making sure Miguel Ángel wouldn't fuck Amaya over.

"Yes that may be true but you never know. Miguel Ángel is unpredictable, just because he's working with them doesn't mean anything. At some point he's going to want to venture out." Catherine spoke. Catherine wanted Amaya to understand that there are no rules in the narco world. Nobody is safe, not even Miguel Ángel.

"And as much as you hate to admit it, the Arellano Félix brothers also have your back." Catherine added. She didn't know why Amaya stopped hanging out with them but she had a feeling it had something to do with the younger brother.