Thirty One. realty kicks in

~Realty Kicks In~

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

In a sense, Amaya felt a shift. The Arellanos went from enjoying their lives to the fullest to mourning. In a blink of an eye, everything changed. The death of Claudio shook the family to the core...more specifically Enedina.

After returning back to Tijuana, Enedina had been locked away in her room, not wanting to eat nor leave. In her own way, she was mourning. It devastated her to no end. She wanted the pain to go away but she couldn't help but be stuck in her room watching the video of her wedding. How happy she was. But most importantly, when she was able to look Claudio in the eye. When he was breathing. When he was alive.

"Enedina, you should eat." Amaya walked into the room with a plate of food in her hands.

The couple both agreed to stay at the family home until Enedina was able to get back on her feet. On top of that, it had seemed far too dangerous for any of the Arellanos to be away from one another. They had to be united. Now more than ever.

"I wish I could go back to that day." Enedina sadly spoke, ignoring Amaya's efforts in making her eat. "Look how happy we were. The dreams we had. The future we imagined for ourselves."

Amaya sighed, placing the plate to the side. As she took a seat beside Enedina, she watched the video. The way they looked at each other with loving eyes. A beautiful wedding. She remembered how excited she felt when Enedina broke the news that she was engaged. Amaya hoped Enedina would have a long happy marriage.

"I still think about that night." Enedina continued on, still focusing on the television. "How much he wanted to stay. He begged me to let him stay and like a dumbass I let him go. He would have still been alive."

"Enedina, you can't blame yourself over that. Nobody knew all of this would happen." Amaya tried to reassure her as she wrapped an arm around Enedina's shoulder.

Enedina felt tears ready to escape, yet she made no effort to stop them from falling. "You know, we thought about having kids. We thought about having a family of our own. I was excited to spend the rest of my life with him and now he's gone."

Amaya wrapped her arms around Enedina as she let her cry it out. It wasn't fair. Enedina shouldn't have to deal with the death of her husband so soon. She didn't deserve to be a widow. They barely had time and now everything was gone. Enedina would never be able to be with Claudio. She would never experience the highs and lows of marriage with him. She would never experience creating a baby with their love. They had taken it away from her.

Amaya thought about her own husband. She was glad Ramón was still alive. She was glad she was able to spend more time with him. But most of all, she was glad he didn't have the same fate as Claudio. In a selfish way, Amaya was glad she wasn't in Enedina's position...yet.