Thirty Three. trust no one

~Trust No One~

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Tell the guys we're leaving." Benjamín ordered Barron as they were preparing to leave.

"Mín..." Enedina called her brother as she anxious turned towards him. "You heard back from your businessmen?"

"No." Benjamín responded as he looked towards his sister. "But Father Baiz returned my call."

"You called Father Baiz?" Enedina didn't know what to think. Why would Benjamín call Father Baiz of all people? What was he going to do?

"People think we murdered a Cardinal, Enedina! Who's going to help us, huh?" Benjamín was already annoyed with everything that was going on. The weight of his family and his cartel were on his shoulders. He didn't need Enedina telling him he was doing everything wrong. "We need the church on our side. He can help us. I thought he was avoiding me, like everyone else. But he called. He is going to help us."

"Mín. Francisco and Amaya was right. You need to leave Tijuana." Enedina didn't need her brother to go above and beyond to get them back on track. Benjamín's name was already tainted and sooner or later, the cops will be knocking on their doorstep ready to arrest him.

Benjamín mumbled under his breath, not believing his sister was agreeing with Francisco and Amaya. He didn't want to leave. Benjamín didn't want to leave his family alone in all of this. He wants to keep fighting and hoping that with one connection, he can change the narrative and make them the good guys again. But while Benjamín was living in delusion, the rest of his family were seeing the reality of things.

"If you get arrested, our whole organization collapses. We lose everything, Benjamín."

"I run, it looks like we did something wrong. Like we're fucking criminals."

"We are criminals." Enedina calmy spoke to him.

"If Father Baiz comes out in support of our family, people will see it's safe to stand by us." Benjamín tried reasoning with her again. "Como antes."

"Everyday I think about that moment I told Claudio to go out with you. I was distracted then. By the dream of being someone else. I'm not anymore. I know who I am. " Enedina stated, making Benjamín visibly uncomfortable. "This dream you have of being some fucking businessman...It's over."

Benjamín shook his head. "No. We can fix this."

As Benjamín left his sister, getting straight to the car, Enedina simply watched. Her brother was still living in a world of fantasy and there was nothing she could do about it. The only way he would be able to get out of his daydream, was to face reality head on and Enedina knew his moment would soon come.