Twenty Three. mr. & mrs.

~Mr. & Mrs.~

─── · 。゚☆: *

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Costa Rica. A beautiful country filled with beautiful people. Amaya didn't expect to spend her honeymoon in Costa Rica but she was glad she did. She had never been to Costa Rica and so far, she's been loving every minute of it.

Ramón decided to go all out for their honeymoon and wanted things to be perfect. He had bought the whole floor they were staying in and made sure only a few staff entered their floor—of course, for safety reasons. He made the staff cook all of Amaya's favorite foods and cravings. On top of that, they rented out the whole beach for themselves. Amaya felt spoiled and enjoyed the little efforts Ramón made to keep her safe and happy.

The beach was overall her favorite part of the honeymoon. Amaya had always loved the beach, the ocean, the tropical palm trees. She had always imagined herself owning a home by the beach. After having kids and leaving all this shit behind, Amaya wanted to live a peaceful life by the beach alongside her husband.

Amaya had always felt connected to the beach. At a young age, her father would take her. Her love for the beach was because of her father. Just like her, Aurelio loved the beach. In some way, she felt connected to him whenever she was near the beach. A bond shared by the two.

Amaya sat on a rock as she watched the waves crash to the sand. The sun was setting and soon, Amaya would go back to her reality. The reality of guns, money, and drugs.

"¿Qué haces aquí sola?" Ramón announced as he sat next to his wife. He had woken up from his nap and couldn't find her anywhere. He panicked, believing something had happened to her but calmed down as he saw her sitting by the beach.

"Technically I'm not alone." Amaya looked at Ramón as she placed a hand over her stomach.

Ramón playfully rolled his eyes. "You know what I meant."

Amaya shrugged, looking back at the ocean. "Thinking. You know after we go back to Tijuana, things are going to go back to the way they were."

"Like what?"

"You know. All this narco shit. Living a dangerous lifestyle just because we want easy money." Amaya was always vocal about the lifestyle they were living. She enjoyed the lifestyle of buying whatever she wanted and living a luxurious life. However, she was seeing how things were changing. "When do you plan on stopping?"

"I don't know." Ramón didn't know where this was coming from. He had never really pictured a life where he didn't transport cocaine to the states. Ramón enjoyed the narco lifestyle, he enjoyed throwing it in people's faces that they couldn't touch him and if they did—they'd be dead. "Why are you asking me this?"

Amaya turned to look at Ramón. "Because in a couple months you'll be a father. Do you really want our child to see the shit we do? I want to be able to live a peaceful life."