Thirty Two. enough is enough

~Enough is Enough~

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Night turned into morning and instead of Amaya feeling better, she felt worse. She couldn't help but think about the shit Ramón put himself in. What he put his entire family in. Not only was he going to war with Sinaloa, but with Mexico as well.

Amaya moved her hand to the side but all she felt was the cold empty mattress. She turned her head and sure enough, it was empty. Ramón must have woken up earlier to avoid any arguments with her.

With a sigh, Amaya got out of her bed and started her morning routine. Preparing herself for the day. She knew most likely the whole house would be watching the news. The whole world would be watching to see what exactly Mexico would do to stop the violence.

And she was right. As she walked down the stairs, she could hear the news and as she grew closer to the sound, the mumbling voice on the tv became a lot more clear.

"....was a consequence of cross fire between two rival cartels. The Arellano Félix of Tijuana and Güero Palma, Fermín "El Azul" Martínez, and Joaquín Guzmán Loera, AKA El Chapo de Sinaloa...who is considered the most pernicious of the four. Which is why we are offering a reward of 15 million pesos for information leading to his arrest."

"What's the point of watching the news when we all know we're screwed?" Amaya voiced out as she watched the three brothers turn their heads towards her.

"We are not screwed." Francisco shook his head.

Amaya tilted her head to the side, in a thinking manner. "Hmm, let's see. Having a shootout at the airport, killing 8 people and among those 8 people being a catholic leader, the whole country of Mexico is rioting and wanting justice, you are now publicly a target and the government wants absolutely nothing to do with us. I would say it sounds like we're fucking screwed."

Ramón huffed as he stood up from his seat. "If you're going to be negative, you might as well leave the room."

Amaya raised her brows. "And if I don't?"

"Amaya, we are not screwed. I'll talk to my connections and we'll handle it." Benjamín stated. "I'll have everything under control."

"I'll believe it when I see it. In the meantime, I would advise you to start finding some hiding spots." Amaya rolled her eyes as she walked out of the room, leaving the three brothers to continue watching the news.

As she headed back up the stairs, she was met with Stephanie. "Hey, I just checked on the kids. I made sure Manuel was watching cartoons and not what's going on in the news."

One of the important things about creating a family in this lifestyle was to make the kids oblivious to the situation as you possibly can. It was going great for them, up until the shooting in Puerto Vallarta. Manuel was starting to become curious about what was really going on. If the world that he had claimed he was living in was really real or was that all fake.