5

In contrast to yesterday, Elle felt really good when she got home. Although the analysis of the data she had had to evaluate for the remaining hours had not been as fun as the workout with Joe, she was still nowhere near as exhausted as she had been the day before.

In fact, she'd had so much motivation that she'd gone to the gym for an hour after work to improve her fitness and had even thrown in some strength training.

Her hair, still wet from the shower after working out, she untangled from her braid before clearing her things out of her backpack and grabbing some food, there was still leftovers from the weekend, rice pan, from the fridge and putting it in the microwave while she grabbed a chilled water bottle and drank it almost empty in one go.

She sat down on the couch with the plates and turned on the TV, zipping through the program and getting stuck on some movie that didn't look too cheesy. She quickly typed a message to Nick that he was right and everything was going well with Joe before she started eating.

Nick's reply came quickly, well, he probably didn't have much to do. He wrote that he was happy for her and hoped it stayed that way. He also reminded her that she should document the progress and, if it wasn't inconvenient for her, to send it to him so he would know, too.

Immediately, Elle wrote a reminder to herself in her cell phone that she should write the report tomorrow after all, before looking at what was on her schedule tomorrow, which Paul had emailed just last night.

It would start tomorrow morning again with training with Joe, but tomorrow would be half an hour longer than the last two days. Then it was on to lunch, which she would spend as usual with the other atheltic trainers.

Normally, Elle would then move on to analyzing player training data collected and evaluated over the week in order to design a training plan perfectly suited to the player for the next week, but she bristled when she saw a change in her plan.

Training/Recovery Massage - J.Burrow, J.Chase.

J.Burrow? So she would see Joe again after lunch to give him a massage? The thought didn't bother her; on the contrary, she had enjoyed her time with Joe this morning. It had been pleasant, the kind of atmosphere she hoped for in the workplace, but until now she had never done massages on players alone, always with Nick watching. She would apparently make a quick visit to Paul in the morning to ask him what exactly she should do.

She had barely closed the plan and was about to finally focus on the movie that had only been playing in the background until now, when her cell phone rang. For a brief moment she thought it was Nick asking her about training again or just wanting to chat with her, but after a glance at the screen she realized she was wrong.

"Hey Celine, how are you?" she greeted her best friend as she answered the call.

Celine and she had met in college, Celine had studied journalism and was now working for a TV station as a reporter. They had been roommates for three years until they had both moved in with their then-boyfriends. Celine was still with Javier, he had also studied at the University, something to do with finance. Elle's relationship had not gone well, she remembered that time very reluctantly and hated to talk about it.

She hadn't heard from Celine all week, which wasn't too unusual since they were both usually very busy with their jobs. All the more she was glad to hear something from her best friend tonight.

"Hey Elly, baby, I'm doing excellent, and you? How's work?"

One thing Elle loved about Celine is that she could definitely make her day better with just her cheerful, loud voice. No matter how bad she was feeling, as soon as her best friend talked, she immediately felt better.

"Oh, I'm fine. A little banged up, but good. I even managed to go to the gym today!"

"Wow, how great! I wish I had that kind of motivation to go work out after work, especially when you've already been bouncing around in workout rooms of well-trained football players all day, for over ten hours a day!" Celine laughed.

"you know I don't bounce around the training room all day and I don't run into a lot of players, well, yet"

"What's that supposed to mean?" Celine asked, surprised.

"Nick is in quarantine, so I've had to take over his duties since yesterday. Among other things, I'm currently in charge of Joe Burrow's recovery training" Elle explained.

"Wait a minute, let me google who this Joe Burrow is" Celine replied and Elle heard some keys rattling in the background.

"oh wow, he's not bad looking" Celine stated. "Quaterback, pretty successful, I think Javier even mentioned him before. That name sounds kind of familiar. Will have to let him know you're working with him later."

Javier, a really great guy who treated Celine like a goddess, was a big Bengals fan, which is why he was so eager to go to Cincinnati to study. When Elle had the acceptance letter for the job and told them both, it almost seemed like Javier was more excited about it than Elle.

"And is he a nice guy?" Celine asked with interest, but Elle knew her well enough to know what Celine was alluding to.

"Celine! I work with him!" she said laughing.

"So what? That doesn't mean there's anything more that can happen, come on Elle!"

"First of all, that's a pretty good reason, you wouldn't do anything with Steve the weather guy either, and he's pretty good looking too..."

"...I have a boyfriend too and if you really like Steve, I'm sure I can get you his number" Celine interrupted her.

"...Secondly, I don't want a new relationship right now. I'm not ready for that" Elle finished her sentence.

"I know it's hard, Elle. But it's been almost two years, you can't stay alone forever, you're not cut out for that" Celine said softly.

"I know you talk about this way too much. I just need a little more time and a guy who doesn't play for the team I'm hired for" Elle replied sighing.

Thank you so much for 300 reads!
Never expected to get so many reads so fast 😅
WHO-DEY 🧡