86

The next afternoon, Elle picked Leila up at the security entrance to the facility grounds. She clarified with the guard that Leila belonged to her and they were expecting her and after a check with some higher up, the guard gave the green light and let Leila in.

"Hey, glad it worked out so quickly" Leila smiled as she pulled Elle into a hug in greeting. "Yeah, I was actually wondering too. But well, PJ just wants to get rid of me as soon as possible" Elle shrugged with a grin.

The first thing she had done this morning when she had come into the facility was to look for PJ to tell him that she had found a possible PR manager for herself. It looked like PJ would have loved to jump for joy as he set the meeting with Leila for this afternoon with a big, relieving smile on his lips.

"How was your day today? Busy at work?" Leila asked as they crossed the parking lot and entered the building. "No more than usual. Checked in on a few players, so same as always" Elle told succinctly. There really wasn't anything exciting happening today that she could talk about.

"How about you guys? How was the zoo?" To give Ian some entertainment, Elle's whole family had decided to spend today at the Cincinnati Zoo before they were invited to dinner at the Cosgrays' tonight. Zac would also be coming with Sarah and the kids.

"Oh, so cute. The way Ian looked at the animals and the way he mimicked the sounds with Easton and Eric. It was too cute. Too bad you couldn't be there" Leila sighed dreamily.

Elle nodded a little sadly. She would have loved to be there. She loved spending time with her family, especially Ian, and every now and then she felt like she was missing out on too much while she was here in Cincinnati going about her own life.

"Ian is just the sweetest creature in the world. Easton and Tammy have done everything right with him" Elle clarified while Leila nodded in agreement.

"Who knows, maybe we'll get another little Simmons soon" grinning, she nudged Elle as they walked down the hallways of the facility to PJ's office.

Surprised, Elle turned to Leila. "Are...do you and Eric want kids? Are you....pregnant?" she asked hesitantly.

Leila stared at her for a moment, confused. "what, me? Oh god, no. I meant Joe and you."

"Joe and me? Why..." Elle stopped, confused, while an amused grin spread across Leila's lips.

"you know, the gaming room is right wall to wall to the guest room" she winked at Elle who suddenly widened her eyes as she understood what Leila was getting at.

"oh god. You heard us?" she asked, startled. Until now, she had never had to worry about anyone hearing that she was fucking Joe, since they were usually alone.

"Well, not you guys. Only You. And not us but me. Your brother was already sound asleep, thankfully, but I...I heard you pretty clearly" Leila smirked.

"I...I'm so sorry" Elle stammered ashamedly. She was sure she was as red as a tomato.

But Leila waved it off nonchalantly. "Oh, what. It sounded like you two were having fun, well, so you don't have to be ashamed of it after all. Besides, I put on headphones after your first two distinct moans, so I didn't hear everything"

"Thank God" Elle mumbled in relief.

"But to get back to my initial question, can we expect more Simmons offspring soon?" Leila asked curiously.

"First of all, the offspring would not be named Simmons but Burrow, but, I don't think so for now. Joe and I are still young and just starting out, and I've only just started working. There's still time for all that" Elle explained. "And besides, it's Eric's turn first" she added, winking at Leila, who just laughed.

"There's still time for that, too" she shrugged.

While Elle was with Leila at PJ's for a talk, Joe had just finished afternoon training with the offense team and would now do some strength exercises of his own in Ja'Marr's company.

"Dude, how was your night last night anyway? Where did you have to go so bad?" Ja'Marr asked as Joe pushed the weight off the weight bench.

"We had to fix a few things for our guests. While it's nice to have so much family around you, it's also very tiring" Joe lied through clenched teeth as he placed the dumbbell back in the contraption and sat up.

"yeah, sure. So many guests still wanted something from you at eleven at night" Ja'Marr winked at him before laughing in amusement.

"What are you getting at?" Joe asked, confused.

"Oh, come on, bro. You were heard admonishing your girlfriend several times and...one or two female moans that sounded pretty much like Elle came through. So don't tell me" Ja'Marr punched him lightly on the shoulder.

Joe wiped his face with the towel before looking at Ja'Marr. "And even if I stopped playing because Elle and I wanted..." "...play?" Ja'Marr completed his sentence with a grin.

"...What do you care? I thought you didn't want to know about our sex life anymore" Joe looked at his best friend.

"I don't, but bro, if you're even going to give up gaming for her, then...then you guys are getting real serious".

Joe looked at him with a raised eyebrow. "You're serious? You're making that up about me quitting playing for her and not the fact that we spend almost every minute together outside of work and she theoretically lives with me?"

Ja'Marr nodded. "That's a whole new level, Joe. A whole new level of commitment."

"Sometimes I really lose faith in humanity when I talk to you, Ja'Marr" Joe mumbled before shaking his head and rising to leave the training room.

"Why? I'm right after all" Ja'Marr followed him. "I'm not so sure about that" Joe replied and ran around the corner where he almost collided with Elle and Leila.

"Well, hello you two. How was the talk?" he asked smiling. "Good, Leila's doing it. Starts today already" Elle reported beaming. "That sounds great. I'll see you tonight?" he asked as Ja'Marr stood next to him and waved at Elle with a grin.

"Yep. And don't forget we're invited to Nick's tonight" Elle winked at Joe, smiling at Ja'Marr and pulling Leila along with her.

"Who was that pretty blonde with Elle?" Ja'Marr asked as he nodded in the direction the girls had just disappeared.

"Leila, Elle's oldest brother's girlfriend" Joe explained with a smirk on his lips as he saw all dreams of a chance with this woman burst in Ja'Marr.

"So not single?" he asked disappointed.

"Not single, not in your league, not even in the same sport as you. Besides, she's going to be Elle's PR manager" Joe enumerated as he entered the locker room.

In honor of reaching 93k reads I wrote a new chapter haha

hope you like it!!

WHO-DEY 🧡