28

Joe looked at Elle in surprise. He had never expected so much honesty. "Would it help you if I told you what my answer was?" he asked, because Elle deserved the same amount of truth she gave. Elle shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know. But I'd still like to hear it."

Joe took a deep breath. "Okay, listen. I...don't know how to start, so I'll just talk away. It's not my strong suit and can be very jumbled, but always worth a try. Can you remember that massage with Ja'Marr where he tried to tease me about always raving about you?"

Elle nodded with a grin. "Yeah well, at the time I dismissed it like Ja'Marr was just teasing me about it, well, because that's what best friends do, but I guess he was right. There's something about you, Elle, that's kept me hooked from the beginning. I mean, you pretty much destroyed me in our first training session, yelling at me and insulting me as a cocky idiot..."

"Rightfully!" Elle objected, grinning. "Yeah, maybe" Joe laughed. "...And still, I thought to myself, that woman is freaking amazing. I'm going back there tomorrow to set the record straight that I'm not a cocky idiot. I wanted to make sure you didn't have a bad image of me. Luckily it worked out and we started to get along really well. I never had as much fun being drilled for performance as I did with you. I didn't care what I had to do, I just wanted to spend time with you and get to know you better" Joe had to laugh when he realized how cheesy that sounded.

"so when you were with us at the stadium, my goodness, you were flirting with me, but I didn't care. I liked it. Honestly, I don't remember anything about the game because you were much more interesting to me, Elle. Ja'Marr teased me about it all the time and the other guys got into it too. Were hard times in the locker room, but I put up with it because everything they said was true. I had a total crush on you Elle" Joe sighed as Elle looked at him in surprise.

"When Ja'Marr told me you were coming with us that Saturday I really thought it was another one of his jokes, then when you actually stood outside the house and got in I knew the evening had just gotten a lot better. I also still don't know if I didn't say you weren't my girlfriend on purpose just to make the others think you belonged to me for a little while" Joe ran his hands over his face laughing as Elle giggled.

"I was kind of disappointed when you left our table because, well, I actually wanted to be with you all evening and learn more about you and suddenly felt like I was a Michael who just misinterpreted your niceness" he sighed "is that why you were sitting at the table so bored alone?" Elle asked, surprised.

"Probably, yes. I also didn't want to go dancing with you at first because I thought you were just asking me because you felt sorry for me. On the way down I didn't want to let go of your hand at all, it felt so natural, well Ja'Marr ruined that pretty quick then" Elle nodded laughing. "Yeah he did"

"And dancing, shit, you drove me crazy. Promiscuous, I didn't know what was happening when all of a sudden you were really close to me. But I liked it and just when I got used to it and also didn't give a fuck that the others saw us and I'd get to listen to it again in the locker room as a taunt, you turn away and what was the first thing you do? You whisper with Ja'Marr, geez, was I attracted to you" Elle giggled as she buried her face in her hands. What had been going through her head back then, she didn't know either.

"Well, then the car ride. Did you know Ja'Marr specifically didn't drive with us?" Joe asked, laughing, and Elle shook her head. "He wanted to give us some time alone. After all, he couldn't know that you'd forgotten your key and we'd be together all night" Joe shrugged.

"And then...it happened. I really don't know what got into me at that moment, but for me, the only right thing to do was to kiss you. And fuck, was that good. I thought it had been the same for you, until the next morning when I was standing in an empty room and found the shirt in my closet on Monday. But I knew I had to talk to you Elle, because for me it wasn't just something I would forget" he sighed again.

"I kind of just didn't expect you to reject me like that when I finally found a chance to talk to you and I ended up looking like the idiot again. I think you also gave Ja'Marr quite a scare when you massaged him and seemed to have a bit of an irritable reaction" Elle nodded with a sigh. "I should apologize to him, too. That was totally unfair and unnecessary of me"

" I think that's all there was to it Elle. I'm glad you're talking to me again and of course that you're doing so well after yesterday" Joe looked at her smiling. "In summary I think it can be said that it was a really good kiss, I really want to get to know you better, but am ok with whatever you decide" he finished his talk.

Elle nodded. "Ok, thanks. I....ll think it through. The thing is...I don't want a relationship right now. First of all, I wouldn't have time for it on top of all the work, and secondly, I don't know if I'm ready to get serious about anything again. Besides, you're kind of part of my job, Joe, and well, if anything goes wrong, it can get really weird" Elle sighed.

"I mean, you're a great guy, and I certainly crush on you more than I should, too. I like spending time with you, training with you, was always kind of my bright spot. Ja'Marr wasn't entirely wrong either, that the argument that you were coming too, ended up being the deciding factor as to why I came along. You're definitely no Michael, after all, I kissed you back. It was....a beautiful mistake"

"Ok, so things are good between us again, but we'll just leave it at that we'll just see each other when we see each other and keep flirting?" Joe asked with a grin. Elle laughed. "Sounds good to me" she replied.

"well you still owe me a game against each other though" Joe stated grinning. "Oh, yeah, I almost forgot" Elle grinned. "I'll ask Zac if he can find us a time slot to do it and give us some players" she added.

"great, do that. What are we playing for?" Joe asked. Elle shrugged her shoulders. "What do you want me to do if you win?" she looked at him amused. Joe considered. "I want...you to go on a date with me. Just one, no more. Just you and me one night alone" Elle looked at him laughing. "Ok, if you win, I'll let you take me out on a date".

"ok, what do you want if you win?" Joe asked her. "Good question..." Elle mused. "I want...." she chewed on her lower lip, as she always did when she thought about something for a long time. Suddenly she snapped her fingers with a laugh. "i want you to bring me a coffee every day" she grinned.

"So it doesn't matter if I win or lose, I get poor for it?" Joe laughed. "You're an NFL pro, you're going to be able to afford to buy me a coffee every day, right? Besides, you don't have to spend money if we go on a date, which isn't going to happen anyway since I'm going to win" Elle winked at him.

"Oh, so confident, Simmons?" Joe grinned at her. "Very, Burrow, you're no competition for me" she smirked. "You can apologize for that statement when we're on our date" Joe countered, which made Elle laugh.

"We'll see, Burrow. We'll see" she stood up. "Our time is up. I'll talk to Zac and give you the time and place. See ya" she opened the door and grinned at Joe, who got up from his chair and stopped in front of Elle.

"see ya. Don't overwork yourself and take care of yourself, ok?" he looked at her worriedly. Elle smiled. "don't worry. I will. If not, you'll just have to play savior in distress again" Joe laughed. "With pleasure, although I'd rather not have to do it necessarily".

Elle was just out the door when she turned around again. "By the way, I turned down that offer from the college and I'm staying here no matter what. Thought you might wanna know" she smiled at him and turned around. Joe looked after her with a grin.

SORRRRYYYY for posting so late, I was really busy today!!!
Hope you're all having an amazing Saturday/ weekend!!

Question: What places are you dying to travel to?

my answer: definitely the US and Canada, just want to experience the difference life style and culture (it's not that big of a difference to the European one but still different and interesting), I definitely want to visit some big cities like LA, Las Vegas, Miami, NY and Cincinnati ofc 😉
Australia, want to go to Sydney, Melbourne and just the nature there
UK/ Ireland, especially London, Dublin and Glasgow!!!
And so maaaaany others

Comment your answer and like the chapter!!

WHO-DEY 🧡

Additional note after posting: just saw that we reached the 17k reads!!! Thank you so much