44

"it's true, the lost child has found her way home" Eric greeted his little sister with a grin as he, accompanied by a blonde woman, entered the living room where Elle was currently sitting on the couch with her father.

"It's good to see you again too, big brother" Elle stood up laughing and was immediately pulled into a hug by her brother. "not too tight, Eric. I'm hurt" Elle laughed as her brother almost crushed her.

"I noticed that already. What did you do?" he nodded at Elle's brace. She sighed. "I'll tell you later when Easton is here too, otherwise I'll have to explain twice" she grinned at her brother before turning to the blonde woman standing behind Eric, smiling quietly.

"hey, I think you're my brother's new girlfriend. Leila, right?" Elle smiled kindly at her. Leila nodded as Eric took a step to the side so the women could face each other.

"I'm Elle. Nice to finally meet you, I've heard a lot about you" Elle pulled her new sister-in-law into a hug. Leila laughed. "Me too. Glad to finally meet the person behind all the stories" she replied.

"I hope Eric didn't make me look too bad" Elle winked at her brother. "No, not at all! I've heard nothing but good things about you" Leila replied and Elle looked at her brother with a grin. "I hope so for his sake"

Barely five minutes later, Elle had been sitting on the couch chatting with Leila the whole time, she seemed really nice, suddenly Tammy's voice sounded through the room. "Ian, look who's here".

Immediately Elle turned around and saw her nephew's eyes get really big when he spotted her. "Lele" he called out delightedly and immediately rushed off. Arriving at her place, he climbed on the sofa and hugged Elle's free shoulder.

Smiling, she put an arm around Ian and ruffled his hair. "Hello, little one. Good to see you" she pressed a kiss to his cheek before letting go of him to greet Tammy and Easton.

"Glad you found your way home again, sis" like her other brother before, Easton pulled her into a crushing hug. Laughing, Elle disengaged from his arms.

"You all act like I've been missing for years. You could have come to see me sometime" she grinned. "you won't believe this Elle, but we work too and theoretically you were missing. You didn't even manage to call mom all the time" Easton countered. Elle shrugged her shoulders. "Ok, you're right"

Everyone chatted away during the meal until at some point Eric suddenly turned his attention to Elle. "Now I really want to know how you managed to bruise your shoulder, sis" he grinned curiously at Elle.

Elle sighed. "I got hurt playing football. One of the linebackers knocked me down" surprised everyone looked at her. "I thought you worked as an athletic trainer, why were you playing football against the linebackers?" Easton asked confused.

"I bet the quarterback that I would win against him" Elle explained. "She played against Joe Burrow" her father added. "Burrow? Is he back in shape?" Eric asked. "Thanks to me he is" Elle grinned.

"Did you win?" Easton asked with interest. "What do you think? Of course I won" Elle replied grinning.

Her mother shook her head incomprehensibly. "And I thought that at least my only daughter would not go crazy with football like my sons and my husband. Now look at you. Hurt because you played against a quarterback on a professional team" she sighed.

"Well, Mom, one of your kids eventually had to make it to the NFL somehow, since Dad's injury prevented him from fulfilling that dream..." Elle shrugged. "...And since your sons don't exactly have talent when it comes to playing football..." both of her brothers made indignant noises. "...it's up to me to at least be on the sidelines for an NFL team" she grinned at her mother.

"And we're totally proud of that, Elle. All of us!" her father gave her a loving look while her brothers nodded in agreement.

"Is there any footage of the game anywhere? I'd really like to see you play against Burrow" Eric asked with a laugh. "Oh yeah, that would be amusing" Easton agreed with a grin.

"I can ask Zac to send me the footage and we can watch it later" Elle grinned. It sure would be fun to watch the game again from the camera's perspective, since after all she had only caught what was happening around her, on the field.

When they had cleared the table and Elle along with Tammy had put Ian to bed, it was too late for him and by the time Easton and Tammy would leave he would be sleeping in Elle's bed, Elle had gotten the footage from Zac.

It was the uncut version, so not just the highlights, but the whole game. Delighted, her father plugged the laptop into the TV in the living room so they could watch it on the big screen.

"Girls, we can chat a bit in the kitchen while the boys and Elle watch the game" Elle's mother turned to Tammy and Leila. Leila cleared her throat sheepishly. "Honestly, I'd rather watch the game too if it's ok"

Elle nudged her brother with her elbow. "I like her" she grinned at him. "I know, she's great" her brother replied with a grin and raised his beer bottle to toast. Smirking, Elle toasted with hers before they both took a sip.

"Well, in that case, we'll just all watch the game, won't we, Tammy?" her mother looked sighingly at her daughter-in-law, who only grinned. "Well I don't have a problem with that" she shrugged.

Elle was having the most fun watching her family as they watched the game. Her father was visibly proud when Elle ran full tilt into Joe in his final drive. Her brothers couldn't stop grinning, nudging each other in amusement the whole time. Tammy and Leila seemed quite impressed with Elle's performance, only her mother shook her head uncomprehendingly and had sucked in a startled and rather loud breath when Elle had flown over along with Joe.

When Elle played quarterback, the whole thing got even funnier. Her brothers took the whole thing a little too seriously, celebrating every successful play as if they were watching the Super Bowl. Their father beamed with pride and hugged Elle to him every time she threw the ball, her mother only seemed to worry more every time Elle was just touched.

"Touchdown!" Eric yelled delightedly when the scene came where Elle herself had carried the ball into the end zone, toasting Easton over-motivatedly before they both took a big swig of beer.

"You would have been hurt for sure if that other player hadn't pushed that big man out of the way there, Eleanor" her mother commented on the replay that just showed C.J pushing D.J away at the last moment.

"oh, honey, that's the funny thing about football" her father looked at his wife with amusement. "The injuries?" her mother asked indignantly. "dad means the blocking, mom. That's what makes the game interesting" Easton laughed.

"Mom, if you don't want to see me get hurt, you might want to get out of the room now. The scene is about to happen" Elle informed her mother, who just rose with a sigh and mumbled that she was going to the kitchen.

Thank you so much for 31k reads!!

Question: Have you ever been to a college or NFL football game?

My answer: well, no, because I'm not from the US, but I'm really interesting in your answers. Cause college or even high school sports isn't really a thing in Germany so idk, can somebody tell me more about college football? Lol😂

Comment your answer (explain it to me!!) and leave a like!

WHO-DEY🧡