35

Joe had to grin as Elle jumped off the golf cart that Zac was driving. She had her hair braided in two boxer braids. Her shoulders looked extremely muscular because of the shoulder pads she wore over a tight black sports shirt. It made her head look cutely small. Tucked under her arm was the orange typical Bengal helmet.

As she walked toward him, Joe noticed the two black stripes she had on her cheeks and immediately he found Football Elle extremely attractive. She looked extremely good in the uniform as she stopped in front of him, put down her helmet and crossed her arms in front of her chest.

"I've been informed that you have my jersey" she smirked at him as Joe pulled the orange top from behind his back and ceremoniously handed it to her. Elle accepted it gratefully and unfolded it.

"You're serious?" she asked with a laugh when she spotted the big 9 and Joe's last name on the tshirt. "You gave me your jersey?" Joe just shrugged with a grin. "The players shouldn't be confused if there's a different name on there."

Elle laughed. "Sure, that's why" she winked at him. Joe had to grin. Of course that wasn't the reason, he just really wanted to see her wearing his jersey and this had just been the perfect situation.

"where are our players anyway? I thought Zac was going to organize teams for us" Joe looked around, because except for Zac, a couple of other coaches who would help out as referees, and them, no one was on the practice field yet.

"From what I hear, they all won't be here for another five minutes. We're going to get a detailed rules briefing first, and then we're going to take some pictures" Elle shrugged.

She was right. Zac, who was functioning as the head referee, called them over shortly after and once again explained exactly how everything would go. "Also, you'll have an audience crowd. You can't imagine how many players had volunteered to play on the teams. I promised all those who couldn't make it that they would be allowed to watch" he added.

Afterwards, the photographer who usually took the pictures of the training really did come and had Elle pose alone first, then her together with Joe. No sooner had they finished than the players came out onto the lawn, divided into black and white jerseys, and were immediately joined as well.

After the whole photo shoot was over and they had clarified with the photographer that the pictures should not be published but only sent to the people involved, the two teams as well as Joe and Elle gathered around the whole coaches aka referees dressed in uniform black polo shirts and Bengals caps.

Zac stood in the middle and blew his whistle, noticeably having a little too much fun with the whole thing. "Welcome to what may not be the first unofficial game between the staff and the Cincinnati Bengals players. Today's opponents are quarterback Joe Burrow and athletic trainer Elle Simmons"

Again he explained the rules he had earlier told Elle and Joe before Elle got the floor. "I'm glad you've agreed to play for us today as a defense and offense team, and even though in theory this is just being done for fun and as a practice game for you, Joe and I are asking you to give it your all. We need a winner here today and don't any of you play biased for Joe because he's your quarterback or friend or for me because I'm a woman. We want a fair game and anyone who disregards that I will personally cut them from the squad at the next roster cut."

Shocked, the players looked at Zac. "Can she do that?" T.B asked. Zac shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know, but do you want to risk it?" everyone shook their heads.

"Then give 100% for both of them and you don't have to worry about it" Zac grinned at his players before admonishing them again not to go in too hard after all, they were still teammates and no one should necessarily get hurt.