42

The next morning they were already back in Cincinnati at ten o'clock and immediately rode back to the facility.

While Joe and the other players drove home after arriving, they would have their first appointments at 11 o'clock and had been asked to not work out before that so the staff could take a small break too, Elle and the other ATs stayed for now and stew away their equipment.

Afterwards Paul sent Dan, Michael and Roberto home, they would have to work the late shift today, while Elle and Paul would do the early one and Nick would work all day.

Elle had to deal with her favorite exercise, writing analytics and reports. Luckily they weren't that challenging today because she only had to check the new data with the old ones from last week and had to update the reports which had been written for the first roster cut on this basis.

She made good time because the most of the reports didn't need a serious change and she had to update only a few paragraphs.

It was quarter to eleven when she was done with all the players reports she was responsible for.

Sighing she closes the program and switched off the computer. Her next appointment was at eleven o'clock, she would take over Joes the x-ray and the sonography for Nick to be sure that all his ligaments and bones were completely healed.

She was just about to lay back and enjoy her short break when her walkie-talkie rushed. "Elle, please come to my office. Elle, in my office please" Nicks voice sounded.

Immediately Elle pulled her walkie-talkie out of the holder. "On my way. Need two minutes" she answered, put it back and threw all her stuff in her backpack, before she put it on, grabed her jacket and left the room.

Nicks office door was only ajar and since he expected Elle to show up, she just entered the room. "I'm here, Nick. What's...." she stopped when she discovered the man who was sitting opposite to Nick on the other side of the desk smiling at her.

"Dad? What...are you doing here?" She asked surprised while her father got up and spread his arms. "I'm here to finally bring home my daughter again" he explained as Elle threw herself in his arms and pressed herself against him.

"Hello, little one" her father gave her a kiss on the hair before he hugged her even harder sighing.

"I...I don't understand...you said that you will take me home?" Elle asked confused when they let go. Her dad nodded.

"Nick called me to ask if I want to visit him and told me about your injury as well. He also mentioned that you are not allowed to drive a car in the moment" he started to explain.

"And because Paul and I thought that you deserve to have the day off tomorrow, we don't need all the ATs here, and we know how much you miss your family, your dad while take you with him to Mansfield later and you will spend the rest of the weekend with your family at home" Nick finished the explanation.

Elle looked at them beaming. "You're serious?" Her dad and Nick nodded. Squealing Elle jumped around her fathers neck. "I'm going home. I'm finally going home again"

"Not so fast, young lady. You have to finish some work first. When you're done with Joes x-ray and sonography you're allowed to go, ok?" Nick interrupted her laughing. Elle nodded. "Good, I'm going to entertain your dad while you're gone. In fact, isn't the appointment with Joe now?" Questiongly Nick looked at his watch.

At the same moment, there was a sudden knock at the door and after Nick invited the person in, Joe poked his head into the office. "speak of the devil..." Elle muttered and Nick had to grin.

"Sorry, I hope I'm not interrupting, but I was told to find Elle here. We have an appointment" Joe politely excused himself and looked at Nick with a grin.

"yep, I held her up, sorry. But go ahead and kidnap her. We're through here for now" Nick winked at Joe while Elle grabbed her backpack and quickly turned to her dad. "I'll meet you both back here later, okay?" her dad just nodded at her with a grin.

"Who was that man in Nick's office?" Joe asked curiously as Elle and he walked together through the halls to the X-ray room. Elle laughed out loud. "That was my dad" she grinned at Joe from the side, who turned his head to her in shock.

"That was your dad? Was I supposed to introduce myself? I mean, because...well...." he stammered nervously, while Elle just giggled. "Don't worry about it. We're not even really dating yet, you don't have to introduce yourself to my dad right away. There's still time" she winked at him.

Joe exhaled in relief. "you're right about that. Still, I feel like such an idiot" Elle giggled. "You don't have to. My dad probably already knows who you are anyway" she shrugged.

"What's he doing here?" Joe asked further. "well, Nick and he made a date and I'm going home with him tonight. Nick and Paul gave me tomorrow off on short notice and since I can't drive right now, my dad is taking me" "home? So all the way home?" Elle nodded. "Home to my parents' house where I grew up".

Joe smiled. "When was the last time you saw your parents?" "A week before I started working here. And knowing my mom, she'll celebrate my coming as big as Thanksgiving. I wouldn't be surprised if my brothers and their entourage are there for dinner tonight" Elle grinned.

"Glad you get to spend time with your family, especially if you haven't seen them in so long. Even if it meant we couldn't do anything tonight" Joe nudged Elle laughing.

Elle giggled. "Well, if you want, we can spend time together tomorrow night when I get back" she shrugged. Joe smiled at her. "Sounds good to me."

By now they had reached the room for x-rays and Elle was already setting up the machine while Joe took off his brace and bared his knee. Elle got Joe's knee in position for a good shot before starting the X-ray.

The image was good, and Elle made a note on a tape she stuck in Joe's file that she still needed to print the image for completeness and place it in his file before securing the image in his digital file and going with Joe to the next room for sonography.

Joe lay down on the treatment table and Elle smeared his knee with the gel that was also used to ultrasound pregnant women before taking the transducer and running it over Joe's knee.

"By the way, Ja'Marr knows about us" Joe interrupted the silence while Elle stared focused at the screen that showed only black and white dots for Joe, saving screenshots from time to time.

"you told him?" Elle asked without taking her eyes off the screen. "More or less willingly" Joe grinned. "Is that a problem?" he hadn't thought at all about whether Elle was okay with it.

"no, not at all. I told Nick and my best friend too" Elle shrugged. "Nick knows?" Joe asked, surprised. Elle nodded. "He's sort of my therapist and through him, I found the courage to try it with you. And my best friend knows in case I need emotional support"

"Oh, I understand that. Ja'Marr is theoretically my emotional support" Joe grinned. Elle laughed before turning off the device and handing Joe some wipes. "Here, you can wipe off the gel. We're done. Looks good."

Not really satisfied with the chapter. It is some kind of filling and not really interesting, sorryyyy, maybe I will post another one today!
Thanks for 30k reads!!

WHO-DEY🧡