15

"And you're sure you can't hang out with us for the rest of the evening?" Ja'Marr asked for the third time now. They were back in Joe's car after the game, it was a tie, and on their way to Elle's apartment.

Ja'Marr had decided to chill at Joe's for the rest of the evening and had also asked Elle on short notice if she wanted to come, but she had declined with thanks, saying she had to get home and still work.

"I'm really sorry. I really need to get the analytics done. Maybe next time, okay?" Elle apologized for the third time. "Why do you have to work so late?" Ja'Marr asked, sighing. "Because that was the condition for me to get today off and go to the game with you guys. I didn't have the noon off, I just sort of pushed the work back" Elle explained.

"And you can't just do it tomorrow morning?" "i have to be at work at 6:30, what time do you want me to do it?" "why do you have to work so early?" Ja'Marr asked in shock.

"I don't really have to, but Paul doesn't believe in alarm clocks, he believes that they kill dreams, so the whole schedule of us is based on his sleep schedule and that means the work day starts at 6:30" Elle shrugged her shoulders.

"Really now?" Ja'Marr stared at Elle in shock. "How can you not believe in alarm clocks?" Elle started laughing, while Joe just looked at Ja'Marr questioningly through the rearview mirror. "Really, dude? She's obviously messing with you."

Ja'Marr raised his arms innocently. "I have no idea, there are also people who believe that time is just an invention of watch manufacturers" "does Paul look like he tweets conspiracy theories in his free time?" Joe asked with a grin. "No" Ja'Marr mumbled.

"But that's only because he has no free time and doesn't know how Twitter works" Elle added with a laugh. "But no, Ja'Marr, Paul believes in alarm clocks, but we have a lot to do, that's why I have to be there so early. Getting tested for Covid, meeting with all athletic trainers and at 8 the training with that weird quarterback already starts" she nodded her head in Joe's direction.

"Yeah, really weird guy" Ja'Marr confirmed nodding. "That weird guy is going to drive you home later, so watch your mouth, back seat or you get to walk home from Elle's place" Joe warned Ja'Marr with a glance through the rear view mirror.

"she started it, why don't you warn her and let her run home?" Ja'Marr asked, offended. "Because she's a woman and you never let a woman walk home alone, even if it's still light outside" Joe explained.

Ja'Marr leaned forward from behind to Elle. "if he really does, can I spend the night at your place?" Elle laughed. "Sure, then will you come straight to the facility with me at 6:30 tomorrow?" Ja'Marr was silent. "Is there any way you'll drive me home?" he then asked, which only made Elle laugh harder. "Just be nice to the driver and you won't have to worry about it" Joe answered him with a grin.

"I'll see you tomorrow and thanks for the ride" Elle said goodbye to Joe as she got out of the car. "I hope I see you tomorrow and I don't have to do Friday training with Michael again" Joe replied grinning. "Don't worry, I'll fight for the job" Elle laughed. "Well, see you tomorrow then" he raised his hand briefly before Elle turned and walked to the door of her apartment complex.

Ja'Marr dropped into the passenger seat and pulled the door shut. "Your place, then, right?" he grinned at Joe, who pulled back into traffic. "Do I have a choice?" Joe asked with a sigh, but had to grin. "Not really" Ja'Marr shrugged.

"By the way, you can't say you don't have a crush on Simmons and then flirt with her the whole time during the game" Ja'Marr said casually. "Flirting? We weren't flirting" Joe denied it.

"Come on bro, you could even see the sparks flying between you" "sure there wasn't just a smudge on your sunglasses?" Joe asked. "For sure and come on, her giggling every time you said something and all your innuendos, you are crushing on each other"

"I don't know what you mean. We were just having a normal conversation" Joe kept his eyes on the road. "You don't know what I mean?" Ja'Marr eyed him questioningly from the side. "I'm sure a Bengals jersey would look better on you" he mimicked Joe.

"That wasn't flirting, that was an observation" "oh, that was an observation, what about..." Ja'Marr pondered for a moment. "i bet all the guys in your high school were crazy about you" again he tried to imitate Joe.

"Come on, she told me she was a cheerleader and I mean..." Joe interrupted himself before he could say what he had just been thinking. Think first, talk later, he reminded himself.

"You mean?" Ja'Marr asked, grinning. "Forget it" Joe shook his head. "Come on, finish the sentence" Ja'Marr prompted him. Joe sighed "I mean, look at her. She has an excellent figure, I imagine she was a very attractive cheerleader" Ja'Marr grinned with satisfaction.

"See, wasn't so hard after all. But you're wrong, she was probably hot as hell as a cheerleader!" he improved Joe, who nodded. "She looked really good today too. I really wished in between that she was wearing my jersey" Joe admitted.

"I knew it. You got a crush on Simmons" Ja'Marr couldn't stop grinning. "I wouldn't say I have a crush on her. But I do find her attractive. I like spending time with her and she's great, really easy to talk to. She promised me she'd play against me sometime, because she actually wanted to be a football player instead of a cheerleader. Oh, I don't know, she's just so...perfect?" Joe shrugged.

"was that so hard to admit?" "no, but I don't want things to get weird between her and me if she somehow gets that" "why? She's totally into you, Joe" "how would you know?" "any blind man can see the way she looks at you"

"that's not true. It just comes across like she's interested, but she's just being polite and nice. That's why Michael thinks there could be something going on between them" Joe sighed "wait, Michael? Athletic trainer Michael? What about those two?" Ja'Marr asked, confused.

"he's jealous of me because I spend time with Elle and he's totally into her" "now it all makes sense. He looked so weird when I mentioned you when Simmons asked if he was swapping with her. It was really weird anyway. Simmons seemed so intimidated and couldn't leave soon enough"

"See, that happened because she found out Michael wanted something from her, so if you say anything and she finds out, I'll kill you myself" Joe looked at Ja'Marr warningly.

"You don't want things to get weird between you two?" Joe shook his head. "And then what are you going to do? Just watch her from afar and daydream about what it would be like if you had the balls to ask her out?" Ja'Marr asked reproachfully.

"It's complicated, okay? I don't know what I want to do and tomorrow is the last time I'm going to work out with her" Joe sighed. "Then you should fucking do something. Bro, after your flirting today at the stadium, Sam, Thaddeus and Drew aren't going to leave you alone with it and you can't expect me not to tease you about it"

"do what you can't help doing, Ja'Marr. Please just make sure none of this gets through to Elle, Nick or Zac. I don't want her or anyone she's friends with to know, ok? Especially not Michael!" Joe sighed.

Thank you so much for 6k reads!!!
It's so unbelievable how many of you start or continue to read the story, I never expected that and don't know how to thank you!!!!

Question: Do you write your own stories and maybe even post them?

My answer: well, obviously yes, I do write my own stories. This isn't even the first one I'm posting. I also have a German account where I post some German stories! But there are also a lot stories I wrote that I haven't post yet and probably will not because they are weird, a bit to personal or just boring.

I would love to know if you write your own things!!
Comment your answer, like the chapter and maybe even follow me, would appreciate that!!

WHO-DEY 🧡