106

Elle was totally excited when it was time to meet in the lobby to take the bus to the stadium. It wouldn't be long before the boys were standing in what was deservedly the biggest game of their lives.

Wearing a plaid miniskirt with matching blazer, under which she wore a black high-necked shirt, Elle took the elevator to the lobby, which was already packed with players and bags.

(Yeah, something like that)

No sooner had Elle exited the elevator cabin than a loud "damn" echoed through the lobby. Immediately, all eyes were on her.

"Ey, Simmons, I don't think the President will be there today, but nice outfit, First Lady" Ja'Marr shouted across the room, collecting a slap in return from Joe, who was standing next to him.

Elle just rolled her eyes with a laugh before joining the two. Surprised, she eyed Joe's gray patterned suit. "Looking good" she winked at him. "Thanks, you too, First Lady" Joe grinned.

"Just wait until you see him in a hat" Ja'Marr added, pointing to the hat that perfectly matched the suit. Elle looked at Joe. "You and hat? Didn't know you were into that" she grinned. Joe shrugged his shoulders. "I am for today"

"But back to your outfit, Elle. Why so fancy today? Usually you go to the game in Bengals clothes and jeans or sweatpants" Ja'Marr turned to Elle.

"Well, first of all, it's not just any game today, it's the Super Bowl. Second, we've been asked to look formal today. As far as I know, Nick and the others are coming in suits too" Elle explained.

"But you guys change before you go on the field? Or are you trying to distract the Rams players with the outfit?" Ja'Marr asked further.

"The only one who would be so unfocused as to be distracted by it would be you Ja'Marr" Joe interjected. "ha ha, very funny. As if you wouldn't prefer not to take your eyes or hands off her" Ja'Marr countered.

"Yes, of course. She's my girlfriend. If I could, I'd look at her all the time, it doesn't matter what she's wearing" while Elle gave him a loving smile, Ja'Marr rolled his eyes and made gagging noises.

"oh, baby, while you're here, I wanted to talk to you about something else" Joe changed the subject. "Sure, what is it?" Elle looked at him questioningly. "Uhh, in private maybe?" Joe gave Ja'Marr a clear look.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm going. You guys are too cheesy for me anyway. See you around" offended, he crossed his arms in front of his chest and mingled with the other players.

Nervously, Elle turned back to Joe. "What's up? Did something happen?" she asked, immediately beginning to knead her hands anxiously. But Joe shook his head. "No, don't worry. Nothing happened" he reassured her and took her hands in his when he noticed her nervous kneading around.

"I was just wondering. What if...well really just if, we lose today? I hope we won't. I don't think we will. But the possibility is there and well, it's so close to goal and of course that would be pretty frustrating" Joe exhaled before looking Elle straight in the eye.

"I just wanted to know if you were capable of being around me in the event that we lost. I can't tell you what my mood will be. What I'll be like. How I'll react if we lose. But I want to be sure that you will be by my side and try to cheer me up. Because if we lose, I would need you" Elle noticed that this question really seemed to be on Joe's mind. He was serious.

Smiling softly, Elle released one hand from Joe's grasp and tenderly stroked his cheek. "I don't believe you'll lose. But if, I'll be there for you and cheer you up as best I can, I promise."

Joe smiled in relief and took her hand in his again before pressing a kiss to the back of her hand. "Okay, good. Then the evening can start" he grinned at her. "I'll see you at the stadium, okay?" Elle nodded as Joe let go of her hands and grabbed his bag.

The mood on the bus was a mixture of tension, nervousness, and excitement, even though none of the passengers would be on the field later. Elle got a few more compliments on her outfit and also stood out quite a bit among all the dark suits.

Arriving at the stadium, the whole ATs walked together to the entrance. They were just entering the building when Elle was suddenly tapped by a security man. "Sorry, the way to the cheerleading locker rooms is that way" he pointed in the other direction of the hallway.

"Well, listen..." Nick drew in an indignant breath before Elle stopped him by saying his name and silenced him with a slight shake of her head. She then turned back to the security man with a smile.

"Nice of you to give me directions, but I'm not a cheerleader. I'm an Athletic Trainer" she held out the ID card that hung around her neck with a lanyard that the ATs could use to gain entry into their assigned compartments.

The security man's eyes grew wide when he read her name. "Elle Simmons? Oh, you're THE Elle Simmons. I'm so sorry about that, Miss Simmons. I didn't know....oh god, I'm really embarrassed now"

"Don't be. It can happen to anyone. You were just trying to help" Elle waved it off with a smile. "But you'll let me follow my colleagues now?"

"Of course. Absolutely. I apologize again and have a good game" he stepped aside and let Elle pass, who thanked him with an amused smile and waved goodbye to the man.

After Elle had changed, it was off to a brief meeting with Paul about the lineup today before it was off to fix the players.

"So unlike before, your outfit looks pretty boring now" Ja'Marr, who was being taken care of by Michael at the couch next to her, commented on Elle's outfit, which now consisted of black track pants and a black Bengals shirt.

"Ja'Marr, if you don't have anything nice to say about my outfit, then just don't" Elle replied laughing.

"Well I think you look good in both. It's casual, but you can wear it" Mike Hilton, who was currently lying on Elle's recliner, interjected.

"Thanks, Mike! See, Ja'Marr, that's how you compliment a woman" Elle grinned.

"Joe does that enough already. I'm just making sure you don't get too cocky" Ja'Marr countered.

"You're just jealous that you're not his number one anymore" Elle laughed.

"Come on, I'll always be his one. After all, that's the number he sees when he throws the balls of success to me" Ja'Marr gave back. 

Im trying to shirk the game of the super bowl just because i don't want to write about their loss (spoiler for anyone who didnt know that lol)
But it will happen in the chapter tomorrow, i swear. I have to get it done!

hope youre having an amazing day and a nice start in the weekend!!

WHO-DEY 🧡