80

The week flew by. Elle received countless positive messages from people she sometimes hadn't heard from since high school. Everyone congratulated her on her press conference and explained how great they thought it was that Elle was so committed to it.

There were also countless reports about her on the Internet, television, and in magazines. Most summarized Elle's statements in the press conference before going into what Elle had sparked on the internet with it.

The hashtag "the future is female" was even #1 on Twitter trends at one point and Elle wished she had the time to read through all the posts, but there were just too many and after all, she had to work on the side.

Even a couple of the women she had mentioned in the press conference had contacted her. They thanked Elle for the effort and agreed to stand up for Elle and the project if she ever needed it.

From Bobby Mann and Dave Howard no statement had come for a long time, although the press was waiting for it so much and Elle was also totally ready to fire against every smallest reproach in her direction because of all the positive feedback.

When the two of them came back on their talk show last night for the first time since the accusations, it was almost disappointing. They apologized, but it was clear to see that they were not serious at all, but probably obliged by the station.

The consequences of what they did could be read as a headline on the Internet the next morning. "After sexism accusations and exposure of Elle Simmons: The Saturday NFL talk with worse ratings than ever" Elle had to grin, but felt pretty bad at the same time. She knew she was the reason, it was also in the headline, and although the two idiots definitely deserved it, she kind of felt sorry for them.

But she quickly forgot about the article, because she had to go. Today would be the game against the Raiders and it was about time again that the Bengals won, after all they still had the goal and the chance to make the playoffs and even win the division.

"You baby, do you have a cap for me? I don't have mine with me" Elle asked Joe sighing as they both bustled around Joe's house stressed. If they wasted any more time they would be late, but neither of them had finished straightening yet, which may have had something to do with the fact that it had taken them a little longer to get out of bed this morning.

"Yeah, you know where mine are. In the closet on the right, just grab one" Joe yelled from the kitchen as he stuffed something frantically into his backpack. "All right, thanks" Elle sprinted up the stairs.

Without turning on the light, she yanked open the door to Joe's closet, blindly grabbed a cap and stuffed it into her backpack.

"I'm off. See you later" Joe called up to her from downstairs. They still didn't want their relationship to go public, which is why they were still driving separate cars. "Alright, see you later" Elle called back.

She ran down the stairs and just heard Joe pull the door shut behind him. She slipped on her jacket, put on her shoes and grabbed her car keys before leaving Joe's house.

• •

Arriving at the stadium, she stayed in the car for now. She pulled Joe's cap out of her bag, put it on, and pulled the hood of her sweater over the cap before grabbing her backpack and opening the door.

No sooner had she reached the entryway than she heard cameras flashing. She flipped up the collar of her jacket and pulled the hood even deeper into her face. Luckily Ja'Marr seemed to have just arrived as well and held the door open for her so she could quickly escape the press.

"Thank you" Elle smiled at him as she took off her hood. She was safe in here and wouldn't have to hide her face.

Ja'Marr looked at her with a grin. "I thought Joe and you weren't going to make your relationship official yet" he nodded at her cap. Confused, Elle took off the cap and eyed it. She hadn't even noticed that the cap wasn't black but purple.