66

The next morning Elle could hardly hide her grin. Last night had been just....perfect. It was the first time she had been so close to a man since the whole thing with her ex. Joe had been so...loving and tender.

That they woke up naked next to each other this morning when Elle's alarm clock had rung, had made the day start just great. Both had to control themselves strongly not to fall over the other, but it succeeded with difficulty, which led to the fact that Elle had almost been late for work.

The looks she got from her colleagues at the morning meeting made Elle think that the email announcing her and Joe's relationship had finally gone out to the staff, but not even that put her in a bad mood.

After the meeting, Elle ran to her office with a grin, she wouldn't have to take care of a few players at noon, this morning's written work was due. On the way, she typed a message to Celine that didn't say much.

It happened.

Sighing, she dropped into her office chair and turned on her computer, while not two minutes after Elle had texted her, Celine suddenly bombarded her with thousands of messages.

Omg, what?

Did you....fuck?

Girl, please tell me you guys finally slept together

I swear to you, if I almost spilled my coffee this morning for nothing, I'll kill you.

Answer me

I know you see the messages!!!

Eleanor, that's not funny!!!

Grinning, Elle unlocked her phone and replied to Celine that she was right. Celine then just sent back thousands of emojis and then excused herself because she had to go, she would be on the show in ten minutes.

Elle also finally dedicated herself to work, she didn't exactly have much to do, but she still wanted to get it done before lunch. Just as she finally managed to focus, the door opened and Michael entered.

"Hey, I brought you some coffee" grinning he placed the coffee cup on Elle's desk. Thanking him only with a quick smile, she immediately grabbed the coffee and took a big sip.

Sighing, she set the cup back down. "My elixir of life, thank you" she grinned at Michael, who just bowed in jest and sat down at his desk.

For a few minutes everyone was busy with their tasks before Michael drew Elle's attention back to himself with a burp.

"So I was right, huh? Burrow and you?" he asked with a wink. "So the email really arrived today?" Elle asked. Michael nodded. "Last night" he added.

"Can I...can I read it?" Elle asked curiously. While the email was about her, since it was written in Mike's name, neither Joe nor she had ever seen a draft.

Michael just nodded and turned his screen a bit toward Elle, who scooted her chair closer. eagerly, she read the lines of the email.

Dear Cincinnati Bengals Staff,

It is with great pleasure that I inform you all that a young love interest has joined our ranks. Quarterback Joe Burrow and Athletic Trainer Elle Simmons informed the Board and me of their relationship in a special meeting on Tuesday. After a brief discussion, along with key leadership positions from the club, we came to the unanimous conclusion that we approve of the relationship and with the couple's agreement, we hereby share the news with you.
If there should be any doubts or problems with this decision, I ask you to report them directly to the board, we will do our best to get them out of the way.

We wish them both the best of luck and happiness!

Mike Brown
President of the Cincinnati Bengals

Over and over again Elle read the email. It was weird to see someone else write about their relationship, but on the other hand, she was pleased with how clear Mike made it that he was on her side.

"How long has this been going on with you guys?" Michael snapped her out of her thoughts. "With Joe and me?" Elle asked. He nodded. "Well, officially we've been dating since just before the Washington game. Officially together since Monday" she shrugged.

"When did this all start with you guys?" Michael asked and Elle was a bit surprised by his curiosity. "Bit hard to say. It was complicated, but sort of in the beginning, well, the first two weeks of training camp" she explained.

"I kind of knew all along that there was going to be something going on between you guys. You...you kind of had a very special relationship with each other" Michael laughed while Elle nodded thoughtfully.

"And you...don't have a problem with that?" She asked cautiously. Michael looked at her in surprise. "Why would I have a problem with that? I'm totally happy for you both" he clarified.

"It...it's just that when I started training with Joe, you seemed so...jealous and that's when I thought...well, it came across as...." Elle stuttered uncertainly. Michael laughed out loud. "You thought I had a crush on you?" Elle nodded slightly.

"oh god, no. I...I mean, you're really a great woman and you're awesome. I totally get why people find you attractive, but...well, I've been taken for three years" Michael laughed.

Elle looked at her in surprise. "Really? How come you never told me about this?" suddenly she felt totally stupid. Michael shrugged his shoulders. "I didn't feel like we already knew each other well enough to talk about our personal lives" "makes sense" Elle mumbled.

"But...then why did you come across as jealous?" she asked confused. "well, because I was. But not because I was into you, but...well, you arrived here, young, talented, and you were immediately given the trust to take over Joe's training. On top of that, you got along so well with everyone right away, you went to the stadium with them, you were talked about constantly in the locker room, and and and" Michael sighed.

"When I first started here, for a whole season I was just the lap dog, the one who had to do the boring fucking chores and most of the players didn't even look at me. I...I was jealous of you, Simmons."

Elle stared open-mouthed at him. "You were jealous that I got trust so fast?" Michael nodded. "Oh, wow. I'm sorry about that, I didn't know"

"Is that why you were so weird to me for so long, because you thought I had a crush on you?" Michale asked laughing. Elle nodded. "I...I didn't want to call you on it because I thought it might get weird if I was right" she admitted.

"So we're good?" Michael asked with a grin, holding out his hand. "We're good" Elle nodded and laughingly shook his hand.

Thank you for 57k reads!!! There are so many new people who are starting to read my story every day it's so amazing!!

Question for today: Have you already been infected with Covid?

My answer: luckily I wasn't infected yet (✊✊✊ knocking on wood three times for not jinxing it). But my brother just got tested positive this weekend. My test was negative but I think that I maybe still get it in the next few days🙄

Comment your answer and leave a like!!

WHO-DEY🧡