37

Joe hated that he had to stand outside and could not actively defend his victory. Elle was really making an extraordinary play and her touchdown just now had been extremely good. Even though C.J. had played a big role, of course, as he had tackled D.J. just enough to clear the way for Elle.

Now he had to watch out here worried if his chance to go on a date with Elle fell through just because she played too well.

By now she had the ball back and handed it off to Joe Mixon, who made a few yards but couldn't get over the line. Six yard was still in front of Elle for the first down.

Her second attempt was a long ball to Ja'Marr, but he fumbled the ball, as he had so many times the past week, and ended up as an incomplete pass out of bounds.

It was the first time Joe was relieved to see that his friend somehow had no feel for the ball yet this year.

But on third down, it worked. Elle threw the ball again, towards Tee, but T.B caught it and made up some more yardage.

They had made it to the 33 yard again and lined up there for the next first down.

Elle tried again with the ball to Tee, but this time it was a bit too high and she was just lucky that Chido didn't get to it, otherwise it would have been an interception and the drive would have been over for Elle.

Joe, meanwhile, couldn't sit still anymore, had gotten up and was pacing up and down the sideline.

It drove him so crazy to know he was so close to losing. They would have to stop Elle's drive so they would go into overtime. Then he would have another chance to win.

Elle was at the ball again, this time trying a trick play where she pretended to hand the ball to Joe Mixon, but kept it. The defense was quite confused for a moment, but still no opportunity arose for Elle to throw the ball.

Sighing, she scanned the field and suddenly took off running. The defense didn't expect that and just stopped her at the 21 yard line. But Elle made it again and had another first down.

Again the whole thing started from the beginning. The first attempt landed out of bounds again, the second ended with Joe Mixon blocked by the defense.

Suddenly a nervous feeling spread through Elle. The pressure of not giving up the game now made her extremely tense and thousands of tactical plays circled through her head.

She had to try to concentrate or this would come to nothing. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath before looking at the players around her and leaning forward.

"White 80" she yelled at the top of her lungs. "Set hut" she raised her hands to catch the ball.

She ran a few steps backward and scanned the action around her.  The O-line seemed to keep the defense in check for the first moment, so she didn't have to worry about that for now.

She kept looking. Tee and T.B. were man-covered and it was just too much risk to throw an interception to them.

She looked to the other side. Ja'Marr just fought his way past Eli and stood clear. Elle took a running start and threw the ball with full momentum when suddenly her field of vision was blocked and she was yanked to the ground.

Joe winced as the hard thud of Elle's body hitting the ground followed by a loud pain-filled cry that immediately gave him goosebumps sounded across the practice field.

Immediately he ran and saw the corner of his eye Zac following him, startled. That hadn't sounded good by any means!

When he got to Elle, she was lying on the ground, Logan, who had knocked her over, was kneeling next to her in shock. "I'm so sorry, I couldn't stop" he was completely lost.

Elle just loosened her helmet, pulled it off with one hand and laid her head back on the field, sighing. "I'm fine. Don't worry" she reassured the boys, out of breath but smiling.

Joe knelt beside her, relieved. She looked quite exhausted, her cheeks were a bit red from exertion, and a few individual hairs that had come loose from her braids were sticking to her forehead, which was shiny with sweat, but otherwise nothing seemed to be wrong with her.

She raised her head again and eyed the crowd of players that had formed around her by now. "Where is Ja'Marr? Did he catch my throw?" she asked.

The crowd parted to make the view open to Ja'Marr, who was standing next to Eli and Vonn in the end zone, raising the ball into the air. "Touchdown, baby," he yelled to them, grinning.

Sighing, Elle put her head back down on the ground before looking at Joe and a grin was all over her face. "That means it's 3-2 and I won. The game is over" Joe shrugged. "Seems so. Congratulations" he smiled.

"Thank you, thank you" Elle laughed and tried to sit up but dropped back down groaning and grabbing her left shoulder. "Can someone radio Nick and see if he has time for me? I think I did hurt myself eventually" she contorted her face. "Already on it" Zac immediately jumped up and ran away.

Shortly after, Joe helped Elle to her feet and walked with her to the golf cart, where Zac was already sitting in the driver's seat. "We're supposed to take you to him right now. Get in" still holding her left shoulder, Elle dropped into the seat next to Zac.

"I'll see you around, okay? Tomorrow at the latest when you bring me my coffee, right?" she grinned at Joe. "See you tomorrow" he replied smiling and raising his hand before Zac started the engine and drove off.

Joe looked after her. The woman was amazing. She had just defeated him and not undeservedly. She had pulled off an absolutely deserved victory in which she had given everything she had and even scored a touchdown herself. She fascinated him every day.

"Elle, what did you do?" Nick asked worriedly as Elle, still holding her left shoulder, followed by Zac came running into the treatment room.

"I won, Nick! But Logan knocked me down, I flew over and he fell on top of me. My shoulder hurts. I didn't feel it at first, but I think that was because I was still pretty much in shock and adrenaline. It's a sharp pain, my shoulder is not dislocated, nor do I think I tore any ligament or broke something" she explained and sat down on the treatment table.

Nick looked at her in surprise. "And what do you need me for if you've already diagnosed yourself?" he asked, eyeing Elle's shoulder.

"Just to be safe, you know a little better about it than I do. Also, you might want to take a closer look when I have this off" she tapped the shoulder pads. "I'm a bit motion-impaired with it, so I may have misdiagnosed it".

Nick nodded before turning to Zac. "I think we should try to get her out of the equipment. She shouldn't put too much weight on her shoulder until we know what's going on" Zac nodded and stood to Elle's left while Nick stood to her right.

In pain, Elle lifted her arm upward so that the two men, with care but still painful for Elle, pulled the shoulder pads off of her along with her jersey.

"I'll take the shoulder pads back with me. What do you want to do with the jersey?" Zac asked as Nick immediately turned his attention to Elle's shoulder when it was finally exposed.

"Can you organize to have everyone who played today sign it? I'd like to frame that and hang it up. After all, I won against an NFL quarterback" Elle grinned at him. Zac laughed and nodded. "I'll get that done"

The game is over now and Elle has won!
Comment your opinion on the chapter!! And the same thing as yesterday, if there is some mistake in the plays of the game, please comment it!!!

Thanks for 25k reads and 800 likes!!!

Question: are you a cat or dog person?

My answer: I like both but I'm definitely a cat person! I will get a cat when I'll live alone and idk I just like their bitchy, crazy character

Comment your answer and like the chapter!!

WHO-DEY🧡