45

"That guy pretty much knocked you off your feet, Elle. Respect that you were able to throw the ball away just before it happened" by now the video was over and they were all sitting at the dining table again, eating the apple pie Tammy had brought, while Eric grinned at his sister.

"Not only that! That throw led to the touchdown that won it for me!" Elle added, smirking as she shoved a piece of pie into her mouth.

Tammy was known for her terrific apple pie and she hadn't disappointed today either. Elle was pretty sure she would never eat anything better in her life than Tammy's apple pie.

"I just still think it's unnecessary that you had to get hurt in a game that didn't even mean anything. I'm sure your bosses didn't like you playing against their team there either, did they?" her mother asked.

"Honestly, they did" Elle replied with a grin. "Mike Brown, the president, would have even given me a contract if I had been a man. He was pretty impressed and Zac ended up organizing everything. I think everyone ended up having even more fun than I did"

"They didn't bruise their shoulder in the end either" her mother mumbled with a sigh.

"I do have one question though, Elle. Why did you actually have Burrow and the 9 on your jersey? Didn't you get your own?" Eric asked with interest and Elle had to be careful not to choke on the apple pie in shock.

She quickly rinsed with water before clearing her throat and noticing everyone staring at her curiously. As uncaringly as she could, she shrugged her shoulders. "Joe insisted I play in his jersey, and it doesn't make any difference what name I wear on my back, after all"

Easton and Eric exchanged grinning looks while Elle hoped her cheeks weren't as red as they felt. She'd really have to work on getting excuses across convincingly if she didn't want to let everyone who just mentioned Joe's name know right away that what was going on between them.

After dessert, Tammy, Leila and Elle decided to take over cleaning up the kitchen while Elle's mother went to check on Ian and the men settled back into the living room.

"So Elle, Joe and you?" Tammy showed no hesitation in getting right to the point while Elle stood at the sink washing dishes. While there was a dishwasher, it was already pretty full and if the women washed everything by hand, they would have longer to themselves.

Elle felt the blush already rising in her cheeks again as she nervously scrubbed the plate, not lifting her eyes from the sink. "I don't know what you're talking about, Tammy" she replied, unfortunately her voice didn't sound as unobtrusive as she hoped.

"Oh, you don't know what I'm talking about? I'm talking about your aloof behavior as soon as someone calls you on it. Not to mention the blush on your face, sweetie" Tammy grinned and handed Leila the dry plate, which she put away in the cupboard.

"You saw it too, didn't you Leila?""I mean, I've only known you a few hours now, Elle, but even I can tell you're hiding something that must have to do with Joe" Leila added with a shrug.

"You see, Elle, even people who barely know you can tell, so?" Tammy braced her arms on her hips and looked expectantly at Elle, who only sighed in exasperation.

"alright. But you have to promise me that this stays in this room. Neither of you will tell Eric or Easton, and certainly not my mum" she raised her finger warningly.

"What should Mum not know?" startled, all three of them looked at the door where Eric was suddenly standing. "Girl talk, you have no business being here" Elle looked at her brother annoyed.

"I was actually just going to get beer anyway..." he lifted up three empty bottles. "...But it seems pretty interesting around here and you should know me so well, sis, that you should be aware that if I'm not allowed to know, I'll want to hear about it all even more" he grinned at Elle.

"Honey, listen to me..." Leila stood in front of her boyfriend with her arms crossed. "...You're going to take new bottles of beer and disappear back to the living room where you'll stay or..." she batted her eyelashes with a smile. "...I won't be sleeping with you for the next two weeks."

Eric looked at her, startled, before clearing his throat, setting down the empty bottles, tearing open the fridge and getting three full ones. "Nice chatting with you guys. Have fun doing the dishes" he bowed and left the kitchen with quick steps.

"Men" Leila laughed as she closed the door. "The threat always works" Tammy joined in the laughter before turning to Elle. "Now you, what don't you want the others to know?"

Sighing, Elle once again told the story of Joe and her. As she had done with Nick and Celine, she left out no details and ended her story with their making out this morning in the sonography room.

By the time she finished, they were long done with the dishes, but Leila and Tammy still listened intently until Elle finished.

"Wow, I mean, that's great for you, Elle. That's really great. I'm so happy for you" Tammy pulled her into a hug, smiling. "I'm glad that it seems like you finally found yourself a pretty decent boy".

"Sounds like you two have something good. Don't let that take away from you" Leila smiled at her too. "Thank you, you don't know how happy I am" Elle beamed at them both.

"And when are we going to meet him?" Tammy asked with interest. Elle shrugged her shoulders. "It'll probably be a while. I wasn't even going to tell you guys" she replied laughing.

They decided to go back to the living room to join the others and sat down with them on the sofa.

Unobtrusively, Elle dug her cell phone out of her pocket and saw that Joe had texted her.

Hey, hope you enjoy your time with your family and have a great evening. Looking forward to tomorrow. Good night

Smiling, she replied to him.

Hope you have a nice evening too! Time with my family is great, even though I'm totally looking forward to tomorrow too. Good night

As she put her phone away, she saw Leila and Tammy grinning at her in amusement. That's when she noticed that she was totally smiling, which fortunately the others didn't seem to notice.

Great, Elle thought to herself, if she continued like this, her brothers would know by the time she left tomorrow.

Hope you all are having an amazing day🥰

Question: what is/was your favorite subject in school?

my answer: definitely chemistry. I really loved to do experiments and idk I was good at it haha

Comment your answer and leave a like!!

WHO-DEY🧡