64

Elle was totally looking forward to the double date with Celine, Javier and Joe and couldn't wait to go home after work. She would skip the gym today so she could fix herself up to be ready on time.

Joe would pick her up at ten to eight and they would drive into town together to the Secret Saloon where they would meet up with the other two.

Celine had been totally thrilled yesterday when Elle told her about the plan and then mentioned that it had been Joe's idea. She was looking forward to finally meeting Joe and promised Elle that she would prepare Javier so he wouldn't completely freak out when they met tonight.

After she showered, she picked out something to wear. She wanted to dress up a bit, after all, not only would her best friend be meeting Joe, it was also the first date with her boyfriend that wouldn't be at either of their homes.

Boyfriend, Joe was her boyfriend. It still sounded kind of surreal and unfamiliar to her, yet she had to smile every time she thought about it. She was happy, overjoyed taken, and she would have to get used to that.

Finally, she decided on a black, long-sleeved shirt whose collar went to the middle of her neck and a tight, black leather skirt that reached to the middle of her thighs.

She blow-dried her hair, twisted slight waves into her dry hair with the curling iron, put on her makeup and jewelry, and packed her small bag

She blow-dried her hair, twisted slight waves into her dry hair with the curling iron, put on her makeup and jewelry, and packed her small bag. Then she packed her backpack with the things she needed to work tomorrow and put it by the door.

When Joe texted her that he was waiting outside the house, she grabbed her keys, locked the door and rode the elevator down.

"Wow...you...you look stunning" Joe stared at her open mouthed as she sat down next to him in the car and pulled the door shut. "Mouth closed, you're about to drool" she grinned at him, gave him a kiss and buckled her seat belt.

They parked a few minutes from the Secret Saloon and decided to walk the rest. Once again, Elle sent a silent shove prayer to the heavens, thanking them that she very rarely wore heels and the path was much more comfortable to walk in her white sneakers.

On the way, Joe took her hand, which she only commented on with a smile in his direction as they strolled through the streets of Cincinnati.

Joe bristled when Elle suddenly turned down a rather dark side alley. "What...what are you doing in this creepy alley? Kill me?" he asked uncertainly, but tried to cover it with a laugh. "Are you scared?" Elle asked laughing.

"I want to go there" Elle pointed upwards and only now Joe spotted a run down neon sign with two guns and a cowboy hat, but just like most of the letters on the sign were no longer glowing. "Secret Saloon" Joe read aloud before looking critically at Elle.

"How did you guys find this shithole?" he asked. Elle laughed. "See that door with the mailboxes back there?" she pointed to the end of the alley where there was a front door, but it looked like it was going to fly off the hinges at any moment.