82

"Elle, we are so proud of you" Robin immediately pulls her into her arms as Elle arrives at Joe's.

Due to the interview, all of her work had been delayed and she had only arrived from the stadium what felt like an eternity after Joe. Joe and his parents had been waiting eagerly for her.

Jimmy pulled her into a hug as well. "It's really remarkable what you're changing right now. About time" he winked at her while patting her shoulder encouragingly.

"And look" Robin flipped open her jacket, wearing the Tshirt with Elle's face underneath. "I asked Joey if he could get me one too. And they still had a few left" she explained with a grin while Elle just smirked.

"I'm sure you'll get one too" Joe, who had been cleaning out his bag until moments before upstairs, joined them and gave Elle a kiss before wrapping his arms around her waist from behind and resting his head on hers.

"I'd love to, always been a dream of mine to wear a tshirt with my face on it" Elle grinned as she clung around Joe's arms.

"Who's hungry? I cooked" Robin jumped up from the couch after giving them both a sweet look. "Oh, I'm half starved" Elle sighed, disengaging herself from Joe's arms and following Robin into the kitchen.

Together with Joe, she set the table while Robin added the final spices to the food in the kitchen, Jimmy watching her as a pre-tester.

"Five plates? Are we expecting anyone else?" Elle asked with a grin, holding up the last plate. Joe sighed, nodding. "Ja'Marr invited himself. He has something to discuss with you and knowing him, he knows Mom has cooked and won't miss the meal"

Elle grinned. "Sounds like Ja'Marr, but I can understand him. I wouldn't miss your mom's dinner either" she shrugged as she handed out the silverware.

"Thank you so much, Elle. I really appreciate it. Besides, we do like having Ja'Marr with us, don't we Joey?" Robin gave her son a questioning look. "Not if you knew what Elle and him talk about" Joe mumbled back and got elbowed in the rib by Elle in return.

While it seemed like nothing she could do could change Robin's opinion of her, still, her boyfriend's mother didn't really need to know that she was talking to his best friend about his junk.

Luckily Robin didn't seem to have heard Joe's remark, because not a moment later the doorbell rang. "I wonder who that is" Joe muttered with a grin. "I have a hunch" Elle grinned and ran to the door.

"Elle!" Ja'Marr grinned mischievously as Elle opened the door for him. "I still have to have a word with you" he raised his index finger warningly. Elle smirked. "I'd love to, but after dinner, ok? Robin's been cooking."

Ja'Marr's smile grew. "Then I'm just in time" he slipped off his shoes and threw his jacket over the sofa before pulling Elle to the dining table.

"Ja'Marr, glad you're here" Robin immediately stood up and pulled Ja'Marr into a warm hug, looking more like she was reuniting with a long-lost family member. When Ja'Marr had high fived Jimmy as well, everyone sat back down at the table.

The meal was really entertaining. It almost felt like the gatherings with her family when Elle was in Mansfield. The atmosphere just fit. There was a lot of laughing, talking, and eating, and everyone felt comfortable.

After dinner, however, Robin and Jimmy had to say goodbye and Robin hugged everyone tightly as if they wouldn't see each other again for the next three decades. "I wish you all a good rest of the evening. We'll see you again very soon" she smiled at the three.

"And Elle, keep up the good work. Show everyone what we women can do" she took Elle's hands in hers and squeezed them encouragingly while Elle smiled gratefully at her. "Will do, Robin. Thanks so much and have a safe trip home."

Robin pulled her son into another hug. "Support her as much as you can. I don't want her to have to go through this alone, understand?" she murmured in Joe's ear before letting go of him again.

"I know that, mom. drive safe. Love you" he smiled at her. "I love you too, Joey" she pressed a kiss to his cheek before grabbing her bag and waving to the three of them before getting in the car with Jimmy.

" Alright, now to you Elle" Ja'Marr flopped down on the couch with a sigh, while Elle snuggled up to Joe and grinned at Ja'Marr in amusement. He had grabbed a slice of pie that Robin had brought from the refrigerator and was spraying a big load of whipped cream on his plate.

"How could you tell Joe what we talked about? I thought that was just between us" Ja'Marr tried to put on a serious face, which unfortunately he didn't really manage to do and only made Elle grin even more.

"In my defense, you were the one who immediately ran to Joe and told him we had met" Elle countered.

"Yeah, why would I keep that from him? He's my best friend, so of course I tell him when I've seen his girlfriend"

"And I'm his girlfriend, so of course I tell him what I talk about with his best friend"

"Enough of this back and forth. If I may interfere, can I find out what you said about my...piece" Joe interfered.

"Well, I just mentioned that the cap wasn't all wrong and then Ja'Marr claimed that he's never looked, even when you shower naked" Elle shrugged.

"That's a lie Ja'Marr, no one will believe you" Joe shook his head laughing as he looked at his best friend.

"does that mean you're checking us all out in the shower?" Ja'Marr asked almost disgusted. "Well, checking out is a funny word, but I'll take a look" Joe shrugged. "And you can't tell me you've never done that before, Ja'Marr, that can't be"

"Never. I don't want that" Ja'Marr shook himself and put a big piece of pie with cream in his mouth.

"I can tell you who has the biggest one too" Joe grinned. He didn't know, he wasn't looking that closely, but he wanted to tease Ja'Marr a little.

"ew, no, please don't. It's enough for me that Elle told me yours isn't small. I don't want to be a part of your sex life or hear anything about it" Ja'Marr contorted his face.

"why not? Don't you care that Joe likes it when I call him Daddy in bed?" Elle asked, having to really strain to keep her features serious.

Joe nodded in agreement. "Or that Elle likes it when I spray cream on her body and lick it off?" he added.

Ja'Marr stopped the fork he was about to use to shove another piece of pie into his mouth, placed it on the plate and pushed the plate far away from him. "I'm not eating that anymore" he muttered.

"Or that Joe and I are into role playing!" Elle had no intention of stopping, while Joe and she avoided glances to keep from laughing out loud. "Preferably teachers and schoolgirls."

Again Joe nodded in agreement before patting Elle's thigh with his hand. "Or step-siblings, no, sis?"

Elle had to control herself as she nodded vigorously. "Right, daddy"

"Stop, just stop" Ja'Marr interrupted them "Stop telling me stuff like that. How am I supposed to look you in the eye now?" he shook himself in disgust.

Elle and Joe looked at each other and couldn't hold it in any longer. They snorted away, tears running down their cheeks, and they didn't stop until they couldn't breathe for laughter and their bellies hurt.

"You know we're just messing with you, right?" Elle asked, grinning. "I hoped so, but wasn't really sure" Ja'Marr mumbled with his head down, while Joe and Elle immediately started laughing again.

I love to write scene where they're messing with Ja'Marr, don't ask me why haha

Thanks you so much for 83k reads!!!

Posting 3 days in a row, damn, I'm baaaaack😂

WHO-DEY