69

Elle groaned when the alarm clock rang in the morning. Her head throbbed and the alarm sound caused an endless echo in her ears. Joe beside her stood up with a grin and yanked open the curtains. "Good morning. Rise and shine."

Elle just groaned again and pulled the covers over her head, the brightness only intensifying the headache. "You're killing me" she grumbled while Joe could only grin. "If only you'd gone to bed earlier" he shrugged as Elle swatted the blanket away and gave him a dirty look, which Joe could only laugh at.

"Come on, go take a shower. I'll put a pill out for you and then you'll eat something, okay? I'm sure you'll feel better then" Joe pulled the blanket away from her, which Elle only commented on with a grumble. "Food's out. Can you make me a coffee?" she asked sighing. joe just nodded.

But after the shower, pill and three cups of coffee, Elle really felt fitter and ready for work. She packed up her stuff and had Joe drive her to her apartment to change into her car. She probably still had too much alcohol in her blood to drive, but she needed her car.

Once at the facility, she grabbed another coffee before heading into the conference room. "well, long night?" Nick asked with a grin as Elle sat down next to him with a loud yawn. "I'm never drinking alcohol again" she groaned before taking a big sip of her coffee.

"Better start not drinking a lot of alcohol if you have to work the next morning" Nick replied with a grin, patting her on the shoulder sympathetically. "Might be a start" Elle muttered.

Today, of all days, she also had to join Nick in discussing the training schedules of the injured players along with the endurance coaches and Zac. As they sat together at the table, Elle kept noticing her eyes getting heavy, twice even staying awake just because of a light kick from Nick under the table.

Fortunately, she was in the office after lunch and tried to focus on work enough to forget about fatigue, which she did pretty well. In between, she distracted herself with messages every now and then. She wrote to Joe that she would sleep at her place tonight, just to catch up on the sleep she was missing, and looked at the pictures Celine had sent from last night.

She was glad when she finally got to go home and just threw her backpack in the corner before flopping down on the sofa. She was dead tired, absolutely at the end of all her strength. Before she realized what was really happening, she had fallen asleep.

When she woke up, it was already three in the morning. Sighing, she got up from the couch and dragged herself to her bedroom. She peeled herself out of her jeans, plugged her cell phone into the charger cord, and lay back down.

At some point in the morning, half asleep, she wondered why her alarm hadn't gone off yet, but it was starting to feel like she'd been asleep for far too long, so she forced herself to open her eyes and looked sleepily at her phone.

Suddenly, she was wide awake. She had forgotten to set an alarm clock and had overslept completely. She would have to be at work in a quarter of an hour.

Like a madwoman she jumped out of bed, grabbed a T-shirt and a pair of pants from the closet and sprinted to the bathroom. In a flash she got dressed, put on makeup and tried to tame her hair in a quick braid.

She grabbed an apple, her keys and backpack and ran out of the apartment in just her socks, whose door she simply pulled shut behind her, while with the apple in her mouth, she shouldered her backpack and slipped into her shoes while riding the elevator down.

When she arrived at the facility, she sprinted to the conference room and arrived there out of breath yet at the same time as Michael. "Good morning, Elle. Well, already working out today?" he asked with a grin. Elle just gasped back a good morning, dropped into her chair and drained one of the bottles sitting on the table.

"Someone's thirsty" Paul remarked with a grin before starting the meeting. He explained what was coming up today and who had to do what before everyone got up and went to their tasks.

Elle, along with Nick, would take over a few players and massage away the tension from the last day of play. Among those players was Ja'Marr, who started beaming when he saw Elle step up to his table.

"Well, slept off the hangover?" he asked with a grin, his head to the floor in the hole of the table as Elle lifted his leg and squeezed on his calf. "Yep, I'm feeling dazzling again" Elle replied tersely.

"Your drunk you is very amusing by the way. I really need to show you the pictures I took of Joe when he was tied to the bed" Ja'Marr laughed.

"You tied Joe to the bed? Kinky" Mike, who was lying on the table next to them, looked over at them with amusement. "Yeah, she did. You want to see the pictures later?"

"Ja'Marr!" Joe's voice suddenly sounded loud across the room and Elle and Ja'Marr both flinched, startled. "You promised me you wouldn't show those pictures to anyone" with large strides Joe came running towards Elle and the lying Ja'Marr. He gave his best friend, who was grinning and looking up at him, a serious look before turning to Elle.

"Are you all right now?" he asked fondly. Elle just nodded. "Good, just wondered because you didn't answer me" Joe looked relieved. "Oh, sorry, I overslept this morning and had a bit of stress and haven't been on my phone since" Elle searched her pockets and sighed "And left my phone at home by the looks of it".

Joe had to grin. "So I'll meet you at your place tonight?" Elle nodded. "Yeah, we can do that" "ok, see you later then babyyyy" he mimicked her, which only earned him a nasty yet grinning look from Elle.

When Elle was in the office after lunch, the phone suddenly rang. Confused, she looked at it. It had never rung before. Actually, she had been sure it was just decor, since a cable phone was part of the typical office setup. If someone wanted to reach her, they usually did so on the AT's on-call phone or on her cell phone....which she didn't have with her today.

"H-Hello, you're talking to athletic trainer assistant Simmons. C-Can i help you?" she asked uncertainly as she picked up the phone. Did the person really want to reach her?

"Elle? Thank God I reached you. I was beginning to think you weren't writing me back because you were mad at me. I called information from the Bengals and they forwarded me" Celine exhaled in relief as she finished talking.

"I'm sorry, I left my phone at home with all the stress this morning...wait...why would I be mad at you?" Elle was only more confused. So there really was a number on file for her in directory assistance?

"Well...if you haven't been on the phone yet, you can't know yet" Celine pressed on. "Celine Amelia Martin, what happened? Why would I be mad at you?" Elle sighed in annoyance. Celine knew Elle couldn't stand that kind of thing.

"Promise me you won't freak out" Celine pleaded. "Do you want me to repeat your whole name again?" Elle asked, sighing. "Alright. I'll tell you" Celine suddenly sounded all nervous.

"Yesterday...the video about the party came online. You know,the Halloween party where the cameras followed us. Well, it came on the show and we also uploaded it to our social media channels and now....and now you've gone kind of viral, Elle"

Thank you so much for 62k reads and thanks for all the get-well wishes. Im already feeling much better and I'm excited to show you all the chapters I wrote today!!

Question for today: What's your phone case? Which color? What's on it? Maybe what's in the case? Just tell me about your phone case lol

My answer: i have a clear phone case which is so old that it's a bit yellowish and blueish now and in there are three notes with quotes from some fortune cookies I got and liked lol

Comment your answer and leave a like!

WHO-DEY🧡