FIVE

'SEASON TWO EPISODE 5, Money'

THE VERY NEXT DAY.

It was a bright and sunny morning, and for the second time in her life Mari had actually woken up early. She might be getting used to this new routine of hers; her younger-self certainly wouldn't have liked it at all. However instead of going outside she chilled on her bed watching an old video she recored at around age eleven or so at her house before getting placed into care, surprised her how the laptop even worked since she barley has enough memory space. Suddenly loud sirens could be heard outside her window, she paused the footage and raced over to it, she couldn't see any police cars but knew someone's probably getting chased. "Aw shame- sucks to be them"
she sarcastically spoke to herself then noticed she eventually saw a yellow/ blue car driving past their front road. "Yup. time for a walk me thinks" she carried on talking then stood onto the ground after using her tip-toes, she made her way out but accidentally tripped over a chord but quickly got up despite there wasn't anyone there to see her fall.

She made her way downstairs feeling a little too energetic/hyper than usual. She held onto her console side-ways and was busy playing some mini game, trying to beat her latest high score. "Yo, is he okay? like is he for real-" she complained when whoever she played against attacked her character. "Hey, hey. You can't do that!" she spoke into her headphones that had a built in microphone clearly getting railed up.

"Yes I can. We're on opposite teams, your character has three hearts left anyway" responded the person causing her to scoff as she walked into the kitchen where Johnny was cleaning and Toby had jumped over the mop. "What! no I don't!" she denied which earned her a concerned glances.

Mari sheepishly smiled at both boys. She knew her voice had gotten extra loud, not Many people knew about her gaming hobby/obsession. It quit rare for her to even play action games or any other type. "Morning"
she greeted while lowing her volume down.

"Watch it!"
Johnny exclaimed when Toby disrupted him from cleaning, he didn't even pay attention the girl for that long. " Sorry!" he apologised before rushing into the corridor for whatever reason.

"What was that?"
this guy curiously asked seeing as on his side he had been able to hear the background noise. "Nothing- you heard nothing" lied Marigold (she got herself some crips plus began making her way out) and they continued playing the level that they'd unlocked. "Uh huh, sure... OH I WIN AGAIN LET'S GO!" he cheerfully shouted. They haven't known each other for too long but it felt like they're getting closer whenever they go online.

The corridor was one chaotic place, you had Toby running then bumping into Carmen who's on the phone to Lily. "But you promised you were coming today-"
she reminded her. "Sorry!" he rushingly apologised just when she'd turned to face him but he'd already gone.