N I N T E E N

SEASON THREE, EPISODE 12. "The Invitation"
-Friday, 16th March 2012-

MANY DAYS LATER.

Mike had received a letter from the royal mail. He was awarded an MBE to meet the queen. Jody overheard the conversation by the office and she went to spill the beans to everyone in the living room. The minute she ran in they all began arguing about who gets to go with him. "Who nominated you because somebody must have?"  Sapphire asks him with a hint of sass in her voice. "Enough! just one at a time, please. One at a time" he eventually stopped it.

"Will we have to call you sir Mike?"
Tee quizzed as she walked up to him. "No, that's only for knights. Not MBE'S. " Mike told her while he went to the other side.

"What is an MBE?" 
Jody wondered out loud, going over to the circle table where Gus was along with Rick, Elektra and Tracy were. " MBE stands for Member of the order of the British Empire. It is very rare and is presented by the queen to people who have done very, very good things." he explains to her.

"So what's Mike done?" Rick questions, wearing a smirk.

"Well he looks after you for a start." Smugly replied Tracy since she thought he must've been joking.

"When do you go?"
Carmen asks Mike in an eggar way standing in front of him. "In the next few weeks."  Tee then showed up behind him. "Can you take anyone with you?" she also said which caused there to be another argument between most of them again. "Guys, listen" he tried getting the kids to clam down.

"QUIET!"
Yelled Gina as she stood by the double doors. "Look, I'm sure that Mike has got friends and family that might wants to go too. " she announced to everyone and half of them all groaned at her response while her and Mike walked out.

"This is so unfair. Surely we should all be invited"  Carmen complained the very minute they were gone.

"Yeah, I mean, meeting the queen is something you'd never forget. " Tee gushed in a dreamy tone.

"You'll always be a somebody"
Johnny says afterwards. Although it seemed like not everyone liked the news; his comment was soon shut down by Rick.

"You lot are pathetic!" Rick sourly scoffed. "Why?" Confusingly asks Carmen whilst he walked past her holding onto one of the clubs. "The queen doesn't care about Mike or us."

"Oh, look at you. Being a Debby downer"
Mariana cooed in a mocking tone while she flipped through her school's acting magazine. "What's queen Elizabeth ever done to you mate?" she tutted under her breath. She didn't see the huge deal either but she was still proud.

Frank was also on Rick's case. "What's your problem?" he coldly asked him.

"He's probably a republican" 
Sapphire spoke, hatred filled in her voice ; going past the computer area carrying a pot of pens.

"What's that?"
Jody asked while she held onto something she found in the spare toy cupboard.

"Someone who doesn't believe in having a royal family" Elektra bluntly explained, having a round at the game she was having with Rick and Carmen.

"I Believe in them I just think they're really elegant"

Ryder couldn't help but face palm at Carmen's response. There was times where she might act smart then there was other where she wasn't. This happened to be one of them. He currently sat on the second sofa with Quincy as he watched her draw, sending a few sneaky looks to Mariana across him. She hadn't noticed yet. They haven't spoken ever since the kiss happened, can't say he didn't blame her.