T W E N T Y

EPISODE 13. "Goodbye Tracy Beaker"
(semi short version)

- 23rd March 2012-

SEVERAL WEEKS LATER

SEVERAL WEEKS LATER.

Today happened to be Tracy's final day working as a care worker at Elm tree house. She'd gotten a proper job somewhere else and was now officially qualified. Everyone was in the living room setting up a goodbye party for her. They had a cake with a written message as well as a bunch of snacks being prepared. There was a lot of chatter while they waited for her to arrive. They all cheered once she'd entered with Mike. "Speech! speech!" Most of them chanted just after the poppers got used.

"Okay. Okay."
Tracy said while she stood by the door with Mike. "I can't believe I'm a qualified care worker now. And I can't believe I'm really going" she began to say just as he left. "I can't believe anyone else would hire you (!)" Jokingly says Sapphire and it made them all laugh at her joke. She continued with her speech. "It's going to be really sad leaving you guys. But I'm excited too. Being a live-in care worker is going to be a big challenge, but.." she paused when a un familiar person stood by her. "Everyone, this is Melanie, my replacement. Who Starts tomorrow" she introduced the younger woman.

Mariana and Indigo shared uneasy looks with one another. They've gotten so used to having Tracy around, they didn't know how to feel about somebody else taking her spot. She wasn't too sure on this 'Melanie'. And it seemed like she wasn't either.

***        **        *  ***

Within less then a few minutes later, the party had began. Of course, Gus needed to do his usual routine whenever a new person arrived. "I'm Gus Carmichael, what's your name?" he asks with his many notebooks in hand.

"Melanie Jay"
Melanie kindly introduced herself. "And this is Carmen, Tee, Lily, Indigo and Mariana"  Mike points out to the five girls by the sofa/table area. She only received at least three waves in greeting plus a not so nice expression from Indi in return. "Hello" she greets, ignoring the scowl.