Chapter 6

NICOLE

    Yesterday had been such a blast. Our tour, the bonding, tasting of different dish; it was so exquisite and beautiful.
I wished our day wouldn't end.
I saw an entirely different side of Raphael on the water taxi.

  He wanted to know all the Disney fairytales he had missed growing up. It was like I was telling a child a story. His eyes always seem to glint up and sparkle with life with each story I told him.

I truly loved that.
I was so tired when we arrive back home. The moment my body touched the soft sheets of our bed, I totally slept off.

    I'm sure Raphael must have cuddled me because I woke up in his arms. He slept so soundly.
He looked extremely beautiful. His features were all relaxed, his chest gradually heaved, his long hair was ruffled up and some strands covered his forehead. His eyelashes were truly so long and under those eyelashes peaked beautiful glaciers that held various promises and desires for both of us.

This man was truly beautiful.
I had woken up earlier than him and made sure to prepare breakfast specially for him.
I prepared an easy Nigerian dish of fried rice. I had given Sofia a list  containing the ingredients before I went out with Raphael yesterday.

  And she did me justice by getting every single thing I wanted. The look on Raphael's face when I served it to him was priceless.
I made enough with the help of Sofia who was so eager to learn it and it turned out to be a good thing because Lorenzo, Marco, Luca and Thomas came over.

  I presume they all dropped by very often. I felt flattered having everyone compliment my food.
It made me feel good of myself.

The sun was gradually setting and to say the least, today went smoothly up until now. Raphael had taken a day off to spend with me, we had strolled round his mansion and garden, cuddled, I even got him to watch Beauty and the Beast. It seemed like he really liked that fairy tale more.

But now Raphael just looked so worried and uneasy. I truly had no idea the news he got that made him look so tensed up.

  Worried lines drew on his forehead and he was always running his hands through his hair, breathing all sorts of profanities in Italian. I had tried to inquire what the problem was but he would always shun it off, saying nothing was wrong.

I definitely knew something was up because suddenly everybody in the mansion were on their toes; Aurora looked so distressed and the kitchen was buzzing with activities.

  Aurora gave commands to each staff and assigned them various duties all over the house.

What was going on?
Everybody was acting so tensed up.
It was as if they were preparing for the arrival of somebody very important.
  Somebody whose mere presence ignited fears in their minds.

"Raphael.."I called out to my distressed husband who sat in the library, studying some documents.

He looked up, his glaciers locking with my dark brown eyes as I loomed by the doorway.

He gave me a warm smile and nodded his head but I could see beyond that smile. Something was amiss.
Raphael was being eaten up by something and he didn't want to share it with me.

  I entered and went over to him. Pulling out a chair and sitting by his side, I ran my hands through his dark raven locks.
"What are you studying Raph?"I softly asked.

"Just some documents. Court documents. I have a client who is charged with attempted rape"he replied.
I gasped and he let out a laugh.
I had almost forgotten Raph was a criminal lawyer.

"Really? This is serious did your client do it?"I asked with curious eyes.

He shook his head. I gave him curious brows, "Are you lying?"