Chapter 32

The door knob twisted and turned before it gradually budged in and welcomed Raphael and Dante into their grandfather's Vila.
Everything in the luxurious building looked like it had been made from gold.

It was clearly oozing riches and power, the kind that had been gotten from hands drenched in blood.

   Armani had an expensive cigarette dragged from his lips and he puffed the smoke in the air as he conversed with Micheal.

Long wavy Auburn hair carrying a tint of light red hues in them rested on the shoulders of Micheal. Her laughter and voice; soft and mild, coming from her crimson red lips was enough to pull someone into a trance.

  Her tanned skin perfectly suited her looks. Her hazel eyes shone the moment it sighted Dante and Raphael stepping into the imperial living room.

"Mamma?" Dante said in surprise the moment he spotted his mother.
She stood up at once, clutching on to her expensive Givenchi purse with her wavy hair swaying as she walked towards Dante.

  Engulfing the tall man in a hug, she squealed, "I've missed you my boy. You dont even ask of me anymore?"

"I thought you were in Buenos Aires. I never knew you came back"

She hummed and pointed her index finger at Micheal, "Well your father wanted me to come back so here I am"
She softly grabbed on to Dante's cheeks like he was still a young boy.

  Raphael let out a hiss. Seeing these
just brought back memories he wished he could erase.

  Unlike his own mother; Maya, Dante's mother; Camilla, never abandoned him.
It always irked him whenever he remembered he was the forgotten and abandoned child.

He never had a mother's love or a father's care. Dante at least got a mother's love.
Sometimes he would wish he could switch places with Dante.

He loathed his mother and his father for even bringing him into this world if they were just going to scar his childhood with gory images.

  Still he didn't know who was more at fault in ruining his childhood. Was it his mother or father?
His mother would always scream and yell curse words at his father, saying he was the cause of their failed marriage and when his father couldn't bear her tantrums, he would go meet his mistress, Camilla.

She seemed to offer him more peace than his own legally wedded wife.

  Neither of them were loyal to each other. His father had a mistress,  Maya had her lover and at the end of it all, Raphael was at the recieving end.

  His mother didn't even struggle to share custody with his father over him.
Left to her, she cared less about who had custody over Raphael.

"I hate you and your father!"

"I wish I never bore you!"

"You are literally the biggest mistake of my life. I wish I aborted you Raphael!"

"What sort of a child are you!"

"Don't call me your mother. Address me with my name. Call me Maya not mother!"

"You weren't born out of love keep that in mind. The only reason you are existing is because your grandfather wants his own blood to take over his mafia!"

"I wish you all can just die!"

Hurtful, cruel words became his everyday meal when growing up.