Chapter 8

Nicole broke down into tears, slumping on the floor with her body shaking vigorously. She never believed events would turn out this way. It was just a simple dinner. Everybody was meant to eat, relax and get to know each other more. She hoped Armani would like her the way Aurora did but now everything was ruined.

Armani hates her for no reason. And now Raphael was being led away for his punishment as a result of the brawl he got into with Dante. Dante was such a pain in the ass. How could he say those things to his own brother? His own blood.
How could he wish his own brother dead?

The more Nicole thought of it, the more tears streamed down her cheeks and flooded her vision.
Aurora and Sofia quickly went over to Nicole, trying to get her to stand up.
"Child please do you want to cry yourself to death?"Aurora softly asked as she held Nicole's hand.

"W-what will he-he d-do to Raphael please? H-h-he won't hurt him wi-will he?"Nicole stammered in tears.

Aurora had a sorry, sad look on her face for Nicole and tore her face away from Nicole's burning stare. She knew Armani well enough and how he exerted his own punishments. She knew he would definitely do something painful to Raphael.

Sofia crouched down to Nicole and pulled her in for a hug, letting her cry on her shoulders.
"Nicole.."Thomas called out, walking over to her.
Nicole let go of Sofia and immedately stood up to face him, her eyes reddened.

"Please stop crying ok. Raph will be fine"He gently reassured the poor woman.
Nicole shook her head as Leila rolled her eyes at her.

"Dramatic bitch" Leila thought to herself.

"I want to see Raphael"Nicole immediately said before trying to shuffle her way upstairs.

"Where are you going!?"Aurora cried out. She immedately went over to Nicole, blocking her path like a comet.
Nicole's eyes browsed her facial expression and also that of everybody. They all seemed tensed and scared.

"I want to go to see my husband"Nicole said with a stern resolve washing across her face.

"You can't. Armani might do something to you"Aurora tried explaining but Nicole shook her head at her.

Leila then cleared her throat and strutted towards Nicole. "Let her go see him. It's her fault he's getting punished so let her go see him"Leila resentfuly scoffed at Nicole who could feel herself getting teary once more.

"It's not her fault Leila"Marco objected.
Nicole's eyes whipped towards his and gave him a faint smile. He smiled back and nodded his head at her.

"Marco is right. It's not Nicole's fault that Armani is such a hard man to deal with"Luca added.

"Mind how you talk about the godfather"Leila sharply warned with her index finger pointing at him.

"Oh please. He is the godfather yes and I respect him too yes. But still why is he so hard on Nicole? Has he met her before?"Luca replied with a roll of his eyes.

Nicole didn't want another argument to heat up because of her. She already felt it was her fault that Raphael will be getting punished and she didn't want to cause another heated up debate. She was already feeling guilty enough.

"It's fine Luca. Leila is right. Indirectly I am the cause. I just wish all these never happened..."Nicole stopped herself in her speech as tears streaked down her cheeks.

She wiped her cheeks with the back of her palms before adopting a stern resolve. "I want to see my husband"

"Nicole you can't be serious. If you go there, you might get..."Thomas worried voice trailed off with Nicole upheaving her hands at him.