Chapter 52

NICOLE

  What word can describe how shock and confused I am right now?
Raphael's bitter tone still played in my head. I could only imagine how furious he looked when he said that.

  I felt like screaming my lungs out. I planned on telling him this myself. Why would Leila go tell him without informing me?

  I thought so much about it that I didn't realise when tears had started trickling down my cheeks.
  With a sniff of my nose, I wiped my tears with the back of my palms.

  My phone rang a second time causing me to jerk immedately.
Was that Raphael!?

  I checked the caller with the speed of light only to meet with a caller that almost got me screaming.

Amarachi!

"Amarachi! Oh my. How are you!?" I was as happy as a lark to hear her voice.
I've missed my sister so much.

"I'm good sis. What about you?" Amarachi laughed.

"I'm so sorry I haven't been calling" I felt guilty immedately.
Ever since I got married to Raphael, it seemed that I had less time to focus on my own side of the family. I was so preoccupied with the changes that came with getting married into the mafia that I completely pushed my own family aside.

Amarachi laughed once more, "It's nothing. I'm also guilty of not calling you too. How is Raphael?"

Raphael.
Raphael was a raging bull right now.
"He is very fine" I drew out the words slowly.

"Is he there with you?"Amarachi prod.
"Oh no actaully. He travelled some days back" I shook my head at her.

"When will he back?"

Honestly I had no answer to that question myself. I prayed daily for his return.

"Next week" I lied with a deep sigh.
"So...how is Jordan?" I smirked, changing the topic.

"Hey beautiful sister inlaw" a farmilair male sound joined our conversation.

"Jordan!" I exclaimed excitedly.
It has been so fucking long since I heard both their voices.

"Yes it's me. How are you faring Nicole?" Jordan chuckled.

"Well I'm good and from the way you both are sounding, I know you both are also doing prefectly good" I replied with glee.

"That's not fair you totally shunned the option of asking how I'm faring?" Jordan spoke up.

"Jordan you haven't changed" I sighed.
"Yes he is still so playful. He doesn't know he going to be a father soon" Amarachi blurted out on purpose.

My eyes shone like a deer caught on headlights and my mouth flew open.
Did i just hear her right?

"Amarachi are you pregnant!?"I yelled. I was so bubbling with joy right now. It was radiating off my body. I couldn't contain my surprise.

"Four weeks" Jordan replied. I could sense the mischievous grin on his face right now.

"I'm so happy for you! Oh my God! Does mum know? Does dad know? When are you both telling them? When are you both getting married too...?" My mouth was foaming with questions.

Jordan and Amarachi blew into fits of laughter.
"We got married actually. A court wedding. Immediately Jordan knew I was pregnant, well he took me down the aisle" Amarachi shyly replied.

  I'm guessing she was feeling so blushed right now.

So many things had happened and i wasn't even aware of it.

"We told our parents already. Both out parents" Jordan added.

I was so tongue tied, stuperfied, shocked, astonished, any word to describe how bewildered I was at this moment.

My sister was having a beautiful married life and here I am dealing with criminals, enemies, death and plots.

  Life was so strange. Well she had her fair share of troubles in life so I guess this was mine.
A faint smile carved itself on my lips as the thought hit me.

"I'm so happy for you both to be honest. God i feel like I'm the one pregnant" I chortled.

I could hear Amarachi yawning over the phone. Seems she was tired.
My sister was entering mother hood. I wish I was there to see her.

  I can possibly go to the states to visit her but would Raphael let me?

"Amarachi you should rest ok. Jordan please take care of my beautiful expecting sister" I said with a smug smile.

"Stop teasing me. I want to talk to you" Amarachi whined.
I gave in with a smile and talked to her for about five minutes before hanging up.

  Wow. So many things had truly happened.
I let out a heavy sigh and closed my eyes thinking of how to pacify Raphael.

But first I'll have to deal with Leila.

* * * * * *

   Leila---that name invoked such a fury within me whenever it crossed my mind.

   I honestly can't believe she would tell Raphael some thing as delicate as that. If he didn't ask for it then she shouldn't have spilled it.

  My night was restless. I just couldn't wait for dawn so I could set things straight.

  My feet swiftly walked down the stairs, my orbs spotting Leila speaking with a maid.

  My face became contorted as I eyed her from afar.
As if on cue, Leila pivoted around to face me. A huge smile walked to herself as she walked towards my direction.

"Goodmorning Nicole" she greeted sweetly.
"Why did you do it?" I asked, going straight to the point.

"Do what?" She shrugged her shoulders at me.

Her attitude irritated me more.
"Don't play innocent Leila. Miles came over yesterday and you were the only one around. He took me to his place of work and you must have told Raphael he took me out but you obviously didn't tell him the reason. So why did you do it?"

Leila sunk in her shoulders. "So that Raphael can see what his wife does in his absence'"

"What the hell" I spat.
"Leila you had no right to do what you did without my permission. Do you know how furious Raphael was at me? I was planning on telling him myself but you just ruined my chances" I scowled at her.

Leila let out a snigger and rolled her eyes.
"Stay out of my path Leila. I can also be very dangerous" I threatened whilst stepping more closer towards her.

"Is that a threat Nicole?" Leila gave a wry smile.

"Yes" I bodly gave my reply, daring her.

Leila leaned forward toward my ear and whispered,"I'll ruin you Nicole. If you dare try anything stupid at me, I'll ruin you and your reputation moglie"

"Go ahead and ruin my reputation. I don't give a damn about how you view me" I spat unapologetically.

"What about Raphael?" She flashed me an uncanny smile.

"He will always believe his wife" I immedately replied.

"Are you sure? Don't be too fast with your words Nicole" Leila slowly spoke.

"Stay away from my path Leila because you honestly have no idea what I'm capable of doing" I spoke underneath my breath before shoving her out of my path.