Chapter 7

NICOLE

   He just pulled out a gun!
I stared jaw ajars at it and trepidation seized me. I tightened my hold on Raphael and closed my eyes, pressing my body against his.

  "You aren't the only one that knows how to use a gun Dante"I heard Raphael say. My eyes flew open and I saw Raphael slowly bringing out a gun from his pocket.
This was getting scary.

Raphael immedately cocked it and twirled it around his slender fingers.
"Raphael.."I whispered in fear.

He looked down at my frightened self and kissed my forehead. "Shhh Bella. I'm here ok"

I heard his grandfather falsely chuckle.
We both then trailed our gaze to him as he stared angrily at us. I don't get it. Why doesn't he like me? He just met me so why the dislike?

"You have the guts Raphael to go to Africa and pick a barbarian as a wife?! Just following the footsteps of your mother! What has gotten over you!?"He tonguelashed at Raphael as he turned red with fury.

Tears pooled in my eyes hearing the way he addressed me. Nobody dared to interfere. Leila, Lorenzo, Marco, Luca, Thomas, Emilio, Sofia and Aurora just kept numb.
  I wouldn't blame them. This man looked deadly. I felt this sudden discomfort and pain throbbing in my chest.

"Papa!"Raphael yelled back.

"Don't you dare raise your voice at me boy! You are truly growing wings! Going against my orders in the mafia, bringing this black as a wife. She is not even Italian. Can she even handle the gun? Harlot"

I noticed the man called Dante had a smile plastered on his face as he watched what was going on.

I never expected this part of Raphael's family to be this cold.
My lips drew in tightly as I fought the urge to break down in to tears.

"This is my life. She is my wife. And she will be given the respect she deserves. I don't need your permission to pick the girl I want. And I am the capo. I call the shots because this is my mafia. Yes I stopped your orders because I make the rules not you. Understand that!"Raphael raged like an angry bull.
He had hit the roof and I noticed his fists were clenching.

"Raphael your ego will cost you your life. I promise you that"Dante seethed with balled fist.
  Raphaels wrath became more obvious as he shot his step brother and icy glare and aimed the gun at him.

"Dontworry about me. Worry about yourself first"Raphael gritted his teeth in anger.

My eyebrows pulled up together in fear and tears streaked down my cheeks.

  His grandfather just exchanged glances between Raphael and Dante, mostly at Raphael. The temperature in the room seem to rise with the tension as well.

"Please Armani. Don't be angry. You are an elder. You understand Raphael and Dante are just kids. They are children. Please Armani"Aurora quickly interceeded.

I could see the fear coursing through her. Her tone was even faltering.
"You trained him right? You trained the boy. What sort of training did you give him. How to behave like this towards his own family because of this woman?"his grandfather grimaced to Aurora which got the elderly woman embarrssed.

Raphael was about speaking but I held his wrists immediately. He looked at me and I shook my head at him, telling him not to defend me.
  He rolled his eyes and exhaled.

"Lower your gun Raphael"I whispered in fear.
He did slowly and locked hands with mine.

"Forgive me Armani. I probably pampered him too much. Please don't be angry. He is but a child. Raphael has deep respect for you and Nicole is.."