Chapter 54

RAPHAEL

"Thomas please that's absurd" I sighed, taking my eyes off him.

"But it's not impossible" Thomas replied unfazed.

"Why exactly would my dad want to harm my mum? For what reason? What would he gain from my mother's death?" I threw multiple questions at Thomas.

  Thomas went silent, slowly averting his gaze from my face. He opened his mouth to speak but no words came out.

"Exactly. Nothing at all links to my dad" I concluded with a hiss.
I don't know why my mum would make such an absurd claim. It was so saddening watching her rage like an insane lunatic not to talk more of Nicole having to believe her words.

   Nothing linked to my dad. What would he stand to gain from killing my mother? If he was truly one of our enemies, why didn't he just kill us all since?

  He knows the in and out of this mafia--all our partners, the drugs, the politicians in our payroll, the ammunitions, our warehouses--name it all; my dad knows it all so why  didn't he destroy us earlier.

  What would even make my dad to do such towards us?
I know I and him have such a strained relationship but he is my father and I am his son.
Why would he want to harm his son? It doesn't make any sense.

"Raphael nobody can be trusted you know" Thomas finally spoke.

"I know" I replied abruptly.

"Doesn't mean we should take action on just any one" I reminded Thomas.

He nodded.
I faced Thomas intently. I could tell he was thinking. He had his thoughts running wild. Something was disturbing him.

"What are you thinking about Thomas?" I prod into his thoughts.

  He gave me a faint smile. "Nothing just how confusing everything has been. How can The Ghost be so close and yet so far? Why is he on to us?"

"Exactly my question Thomas" I snapped my fingers together.
"His name is Lev but lev is dead. Well the only lev we know off. I had Lorenzo and Marco look into our various partnership deals during my flight to Mexico and not a single of our partners beared the name Lev. I had to do a thorough background check on all of our business partners again and I found nothing relating to that Russian name 'Lev'. People don't come back from the dead so who the fuck is this Lev!" I yelled hitting my fist.

  "Calm down Raphael" Thomas advised, putting a hand on my shoulder.
  I shot my icy eyes closed for some seconds before flying them back open.

  "What's the plan?" Thomas waited for my next line of action.

"Diego's phone, all his electronic gadgets. I want every single information that would lead us to the ghost. Mario's own led us to no where so I hope Diego has some relevant information in his" I instructed Thomas.

  He nodded and raked my appearance causing me to glare at him.
"What?" I scowled.

"You look so infuriated today Raphael. Tell me what's wrong?"

Was I really that mad that my body language spoke it in millions?

  Damn it! I try so hard to contain my rage but remembering that Nicole stormed off to heaven knows where with miles got bombs exploding in my head.

  Whenever I thought of it, I felt nothing but to strangle miles.

"Nicole is making me this mad" I told Thomas.

"Why?" Thomas let out a suppressed laugh.

"She went out with Miles"

"So?" Thomas shrugged his shoulders.