Chapter 26

RAPHAEL

"In recent times" I began leaning forward and placing a cigarette in between my lips.
"For the past four months if I should be precise, our goods have been targeted and we've hard such a hard time passing them through the boarders of Columbia and Ecquador. And I'm surprised noticing I have high classed politicians and those bitches sitting in the boarders and embassy in my payroll"

I pulled out the cigarette in between my lips and watched the features of Marcello hardened. He oversee the distribution of our drugs from the boarders of Columbia to Ecuador and also from Paraguay to Argentina.

He opened his mouth to speak but I cut him off at once. "Look Marcello we've recovered those drugs well thanks to me"I added cockily.

"But somehow I always have to deal with issues when those goddamn drugs are going into Ecuador"

"Well you can't blame me. Those custom officers are changed on a regular basis besides those boarders..."

"I have men situated at the boarders of Venezuela by Guyana to the east and Brazil to the west. My drugs go in smoothly without any hassle. Carlos oversees that and the politicians are on my payroll. I pay them less compared to what I pay those in Ecuador and Columbia"

  I watched Marcello reach for the glass of water on my table, sculling it down. I truly had a lot on my plate to handle and I wasn't going to tolerate any mishap.

"Marcello where does the money I send to Ecuador and Columbia go? Into your pockets?"

I studied him. Fear had resurfaced in his features and his body seemed rigid.
"Raphael we are business partners how would you think I could possibly cheat you?"

"We are not business partners. You are just my pawn in Columbia. You are like the ambassador to the Constanzo and Justice family over there. I control what happens"I remind Marcello whose face pulled to a scowl.

Pathetic how he could possibly think I and him were actually equals.
"I want transaction records of the various trades that has taken place from Ecuador to Columbia within the next one week" I order, banging my fist on the mahogany office table that  seperated I and Marcello.

  He reluctantly nods. "I received the new plans of the drug farm you sent. I don't understand it though. The financial terms"

"What's not to understand?"I asked leaning back and puffing cigarette smoke into the air.

"My profit share"Marcello simply stated.
"I'm cutting it down"

"You can't do that"Marcello objected.
"I work my ass out too capo dei capi"

I chuckled falsely. "You sneaky asshole.  You will only get payment made out of the sales of heroine. All other like cocaine, opium, Crystal methamphetamine, narcotine and the likes are out of all your grasps"

He gasped and his eyes widened.
"You are cutting my profit? You know I do most  of the work. I supply these drugs not only to Ecuador but from new mexico down to Columbia"

"Stefano will take over that from you. I've already signed a contract with him. He will also transfer these products to parts of Europe and largely the middle East and Africa where luciano will take over from there in the middle east"

  I swiftly slid a copy of the amended contract to Marcello who sweated luminous bullet beads.
"But the drug farm in Columbia isn't that huge to take on this much responsibilities and..."

I laughed at his weak excuses. "I purchased eighty thousand hectare in Columbia. A brand new much bigger lab is functioning there already"

Marcello had his jaws dropped by my statement. He never saw that coming did he? He wanted to play smart with me. Too bad.

"Sign that contract" I authoritatively stated puffing out more thick, foggy smokes from my lungs.
He picked up a pen with mortified hands and had his eyes glancing at each pages of the contract.

"This isn't fair capo" he almost cried out in protest. I am not in for all these emotional drama.

With a snap of my fingers, the guard standing by the door came towards me and handed me an envelope.

  I pulled out the snapshots of Marcello's wife and daughter.
I could see how horror struck he had become. The cunt never thought I would find out he was married.

"Vanessa aged 29. Lilian aged 10. Such beautiful females"I said with a smirk, throwing him the snapshots.

He quickly picked one of the snapshots and scanned it. "These were taken...."

"This morning"I completed for him.
"A bullet through their heads is enough to end their lives"I savagely added.

  He looked as pale as a ghost.
His eyes snapped to meet mine and he shook like a leaf in a violent storm.

I flopped my head back into my chair, hands placed on my thigh as I waited for his resolution.
He swallowed hard and then signed the contract.

A satisfied smile washed upon my face. "Great now get out. I'll see you when I need you"I spat carelessly.

I cared less about he felt. I watched him go and hissed in annoyance.
I left my pretty wife in the middle of our love making to come spend time with these fools.

  "Marcello was fuming with anger the moment he stepped out you know"Thomas laughed, stepping inside with Dante, Luca, Lorenzo and Marco.

They all pulled a seat and sat across me.
"The cunt thinks he can betray me and go scot free"

"Well you did let him walk out scot free without harming a single hair on his head"Dante scoffed.

I chortled. "I punished him"

I leaned forward, narrowing my eyes at my capos.
"I need information. Have you gotten the identies of the victims of yesterday shoot out?"

Marco nods and swiftly passes me an envelope. I pulled it out and accessed each individuals profile.
Nothing special about any of them apart from Mario, my dad's personal guard.

"Send about a million to each of their families as compensation for their loss. We are not devils. The families will have to perform the burial rites if they want or we do it for them. Their choice" I instructed.

"Raphael you wouldn't believe what we discovered"Dante began.
I hold an unwavering expression.

"The records showed that mario quit his job a day to his death"

What?!
"That's suspicious no?"

"Very suspicious"Lorenzo chorused.

"Mario must have known something"I admit, stroking my chin.

"But what if it's just a coincidence?"Dante insists.

I gave him questioning brows. "The boy had six gun wounds. And we can't even say he put up a hard fight because no gun was found with him"

"What if the attackers took the gun after shooting him?"Luca askes.

"From a dead man?"I queried making Luca realise my point.

"If your suspicions are right Raphael then we definitely have a storm coming our way"Dante said with an exhale.

  Standing from my seat, I grabbed my suit jacket and take a scull of the alcohol placed before me.
"I need Mario's phone and whatever information accessed sent to me. Dante we need to go have a chat with dad"