Chapter 36

Nicole and Raphael burst open the doors of their car the moment they arrived at the airport.
Dante arrived a second later and he wasted no time in lurching out of the car and towards the jet.
Gripping on to her hand, Raphael sprinted with Nicole, pulling her safely up the stairs and into the jet.

  The crew shut the door once everyone had rushed inside.
Nicole finally heaved a sigh of relief.
Her hand was pressed against her chest as she tried to calm her unsteady and rapid heart beat.

"Get this fucking plane on the air and take us to Cuba now!" Raphael growled.
The muscles in his arm tenses, perspiration making his shirt stick on to his body and revealing his taunted biceps with the veins in his hands pulsating.

  Nicole felt mesmerized by how sinfully hot her husband looked even without trying.

"Please just two more minutes Mr Justice" the pilot pleadingly said, his body quivering.

"I'm sorry for the delay sir. This was an impromptu call on our part after you informed us of your attack and eagerness to leave Mexico" the co-pilot tried explaining.

"Will you shut the-----" Raphael stopped himself as soon as he began talking and stared at the co-pilot intently.

"How did you know we were attacked?" He asked, bringing out his gun.

The co-pilot became stunned as well as the other crew members of the flight.
"Well--i--you said it over the phone" he stuttered with his words. Horror and fear settled in his features and droplets of sweat beads covered his face.

"Yes Mr Justice. You said it yourself over the call" the air hostess chorused.

"No he didn't" Dante gravelly whispered, standing up and going over to the cockpit.

"There must be a mixup" the co-pilot said with a nervous chuckle.
He looked at the trembling pilot. "Antonio he told you he was attacked over the phone didn't he?"

Antonio shook his head. "He never said so. He only instructed me to get the jet ready. How did you both know he was attacked?"

"Fuck" the co-pilot cursed underneath his breath.
He attempted to make a run for it but Raphael immedately slammed him against the panels of the jet.

The air hostess stealthily tried moving towards the door but Nicole instantly gripped her by the arm, yanking her back.

"If you move I'll shoot you" Nicole threatened, pointing a gun at her head.

"Are you in on this?"Dante savagely asked the pilot, fixing a gun at his head.

"I'm not sir. I have no idea what's going on" the pilot truthfully replied in tears.

"Get this fucking jet on air in the next two minutes else I'll slaughter each and every one of you" Raphael threatened the pilot.

He pushed the co-pilot back into the cockpit and pointed a gun at him. The pilot quickly put on his head piece, requesting for clearance from the control tower.

"One minute left" Raphael grimaced.
The pilot hold on the controls of the plane trembled as he awaited clearance from the air traffic control tower.

"Clearance granted" the control tower responded. The pilot sighed a breath of relief and sped down the runaway before taking off.

"Send assassins to the families of each and every one of the crew. If we don't land in Cuba in the next three hours, I want their entire families cleared from the face of this earth" Raphael brutally ordered to Dante who gave a wily smile.

"Sir please...don't harm me" The air hostess pleaded, still held at gun
point by Nicole.

Dante made a call and spoke in Italian whilst Raphael kept his unfiltered gaze at the pilots.

"We shouldn't harm you but you and that freaking co-pilot had something to do with our attack"Nicole spat.

Dislodging the lump in her throat, the air hostess attempted to plead once more but Nicole landed her a painful slap which sent her falling down and grazing her elbow on the mettalic floors of the jet.
"Not another word from your mouth else I swear I'll shoot you"

Raphael turned to look at Nicole's aggressive behaviour in awe. He drooled for her in lust and hunger watching her turn on her beast mode.

"The assassins are on their way Raphael" Dante announced.

"Good. When we drop on land, you three will answer to me and may God grant your souls access to heaven" Raphael sinisterly uttered.
The entire crew shook in fear and dread

"Uncle Alessio?" Raphael inquired from Dante as he went over to Nicole.

"He just sent a text. Though there is still tension but the fire has been put out and some of the attackers have been gunned down whilst some escaped. But the area is still not safe so he said the wedding will hold in Cuba; grandmother's place" Dante filled him in.

Raphael nodded and took a seat, hauling Nicole next to him while Dante led the terrified air hostess into the toilet and locked her in there.

"I still can't believe this mother fuckers had something to do with our attack" Dante sighed, running his hands through his hair.

"Neither can I. We keep on meeting new enemies every day. But don't worry I believe by the time we descend, they will have much to spill out. Send word to all the capos. I need all of us at Cuba and everybody has to be fully guarded; especially Aurora and Sofia....."

Nicole listened to Raphael converse with Dante. Sighing another breath of relief, she still couldn't believe how many times she had escaped death in just one day.

  It felt so thrilling and so scary at the same time. The rush of adrenaline in her body got her hyper and her heart pumped in such a tremendous speed.

Her entire body was still in shock of everything that had transpired. She took such a risk by hitting that man in the groin. She was very much scared but she knew there was no way she would go down without a fight.

  Nicole took glances at Raphael's sharp profile as he spoke in Italian to Dante. The man oozed of authority and power, the type you wouldn't want to dare and hearing him beastly threatening the crew got her walls clenching.

How could she be so turned on by his demon side?

Nicole exhaled one last time and rested her head on Raphael's shoulder.
They had been in Mexico for just two days and they were almost killed.
She couldn't help but wonder what cuba had in store for them.