Chapter 15

NICOLE

Silence hung in the air. It was heavy, deadly and suffocating. I took multiple glances at Raphael's sharp profile as he sat away from me. He was brooding with raw, bloody anger. I could feel and see it.

His lips were pulled to a scowl and his brows were wrinkled coupled with his fists clenched.
God! I'm finished.
He was quiet through out the ride. Not a single word did he utter to me and it wasn't a good sign.

But I still couldn't fathom why he was so angry with me?
The guard stole from me not him. It was my goddamn purse and the guard was just a young boy. How could I watch him kill that young boy all because of a purse?

Why couldn't Raphael just see it from my own side.
My heart was already swimming in my stomach at this moment. Raphael's silence indicated one thing to me-- I was definitely in a lot of trouble. I could only imagine what Raphael would do to me once we arrived home.

The sudden halt of the limousine got my breathing clogged. We were home. My heart was seriously palpitating.
Raphael got down before me and strode towards the doors of the mansion.

I immediately walked behind him. I had to explain myself atleast,make him see it from my own point of view.
I was so doused in fear. A million thoughts rushed to my mind on what Raphael would do to me the minute we were alone.

I was truly as good as dead.
Immedately I stepped my feet inside the mansion, Raphael slammed the door shut giving me a fright and making me shudder in fear.

"Raph.."I slowly began but in an instant he held on to my wrist and dragged me upstairs like I weighed no more than an A4 paper.

"Raph please hear me out..ouch"I squeaked, trying to writhe my arm free from Raphael's iron grip.

He didn't say anything which got me more filled with fear. The boldness I had when I stopped him from shooting that guard had totally vanished into thin air like it was never there.

Now I was as timid as a rabbit.
God please help me.

Raphael roughly pushed me into our bedroom and slammed the door shut once more. The sound almost made me jump out of my skin and I flinched. I watched him lock the door and I gulped.

My heart was already shredded into pieces at this moment. He just locked the door, what was he planning on doing to me?

Raphael turned to face me, taking dangerous slow steps towards me.
His blue eyes glimmered in the dark, staring codly at me.

An awful silence took over the atmosphere once again. I could only hear the loud thumping of my heart which was ringing in my ears.
The more Raphael advanced towards me,the more I moved backwards till I had hit my back against the closed windows of our bedroom.

There was no avoiding this. I straightened myself and gulped once more. "Look Raph..."

"How dare you Nicole?" His gravelly voice cut me short immediately.

Like a predator who wanted to devour its prey, Raphael closed the distance between us, his smouldering gaze on me. "How dare you go against my word in public?"

I was lost for words. I truly didn't know how to reply him.
"Answer me!"He demanded sharply which made me shudder once more.

"You made me look like a weakling in public, like I had no right and control over my own wife. I gave an order and you had the temerity to make a counter order!? Who gave you that right Nicole!?"He growled once more causing my knees to quiver.

"Understand it from my point of view" I replied with a frown.

"To hell with your point of view Nicole!" Raphael roared. Emotions swarm in his eyes, dark and gloomy emotions.