Pilot

AUTHORS NOTE:
Just finished this game and EEEK. I want more of Jason and Salim! Anyways, this story is going to be a build up to Jason and the reader. So stay tuned! Thank you for reading! I'm constantly updating!!

Y/N wiped the sweat off of her brow. You were making your way to camp slayer, you have been sent there by your commanding officer. Though you were altitudes up in the air, it was so hot in Iraq. This nearly making you giggle on choosing the space force over a different branch of the military such as national guard or the marines. You felt a lot cooler sitting in the pentagon back home, and sure as hell a lot safer, considering you were now in unfamiliar, enemy territory. You gripped your mic as a voice came through on your right ear.

"Almost ready for landing ma'am. Hope you've enjoyed the ride". Your pilot had said, an air force soldier.

You had been in the space force for a few years now. And everyday you learned more and more. You didn't spend much time around the other branches or in that case out of DC, now that you had moved up to Technical Sergeant. Yet you were eager for the adventure and meeting with allied forces. The helicopter had finally touched the ground, and you climbed out eagerly.
"Thank you AH-67, aim high. Dutton out". You said through your mic, grabbing your suitcase off of the floor of the helicopter, adjusting yourself you began to walk towards the camp.

You were greeted by a marine.
"Technical Sergeant Y/N Dutton?" He questioned. You simply nodded and following he had saluted to you. He had a helmet on and he wore a pair of glasses. He was softly spoken almost. You smiled.

"Evening.." You started to speak.
"Lance Corporal Joey Gomez". He stuck out his hand. You took it and shook it.

"And your commanding officer?" You signaled for direction from the corporal.
"Right this way ma'am". He turned around and began to walk toward one of the far rooms.

It definitely felt a lot cooler in here you thought, as you tucked a strand of your H/C hair that had fallen from sweat back behind your ear. You had your hair in a braid behind your back. Adjusting your sunglasses you were met with a masculine hell-oh, as if the man was taunting you. Joey had stopped in front of you, as you turned around to come face to face with a man wearing a helmet with dark brown eyes and olive skin. Joey stepped beside you.

"Merwin this is Technical Sergeant Dutton". He made sure to put the emphasis on your rank, and raised his eyebrows to the man in front of you almost in an alarming way. The man raised his eyebrows back, but directed his attention towards you.

"Oh excuse me miss, I had no idea you were". He stopped. You watched him struggle to come up with his next words, forgetting them, he began to walk away. You glanced to Joey and he continued to walk.

"That's Corporal Nathan Merwin, he is our force reconnaissance technician". He introduced the man. You huffed in a laugh.
"Is that how he always behaves?" Joey shared a laugh and nodded his head.
"Make no mistake, he is smart". He added with his nod.

You had reached the room where a woman had sat behind some papers. She stood when she saw you.

"Sgt. Dutton, how nice to meet you". She spoke. You returned a smile and stepped to shake her hand. She had signaled for Joey to leave you both, as she sat back down.

"I wasn't expecting you to be a woman". She added, taking off her glasses she watched you with her brown eyes.
"But, I am relieved to have another woman here with me. I am CIA field officer Rachel King". She introduced herself to you. King?

"Ah I see. It's nice to meet you as well". You said slowly at the end due to being bewildered in confusion.

"And Colonel King?" She asked, almost like she was reading your mind.

"He had some stuff to gather up yet, so we traveled separately. He should be here no longer than a couple hours". You responded. She stopped to think before getting up.

"If you want to come with me, I can show you where you can set your things and introduce you to the team". She nodded to the suitcase that was in your hand. She took you to back the way Joey had brought you from, it was empty except a bedroll was in sight. You sat your case down and began to follow her to the other side of the camp, into the outside of it. There was a large tent in the middle followed by a table.

"This is where the marines are staying". She said.
"Attention!" She yelled. The all began to lousy up to where the two of you were standing.

"This is US Space Force Tech Sergeant Y/N Dutton, she is coming in assistance of the Colonel and when he arrives they are going to hold a presentation in the briefing room. Their presentation is going to consist of their satellite program they developed called Caelus. I want all commanding officers present". She introduced you.

"A presentation? What is this high school". A taller man spoke out of the bunch.

Laughs began as he said this. He wore a blue T-shirt, desert fatigue pants, and a grey cap that stood out to you. This you noticed first, though you couldn't make out what it said something looked as if it was drawn in black sharpie on the left front side.

"I'm sorry?" You intervened, taken aback. You were not going to let a man disrespect you like that, especially one that was of lower rank. He laughed at your response.

"I will take no disrespect. What Colonel and I are presenting is important information, and I suggest you stay in your place marine". You added snapping at him back. You heard the same guy, Merwin from earlier make a "oooo".

Ignoring this, you turned back to Rachel.
"I see you have already met Joey and Merwin. The other two here are sergeant Nick Kay, and First Lieutenant Jason Kolchek". She signaled to the one who had just insulted you.

First Lieutenant. How could it be. Your thoughts collided with the words that had just came out of your mouth. He smirked at you and tipped his hat in a haughty way. What an arrogant shit.