Chapter 22:

Alexa's POV:

I had my arms folded across my chest as Calum drove back to the flat, pouting. Why didn't he say anything? Why didn't he fight for me to stay? He barely even said goodbye. No hug, no kiss, no nothing.

" Alexa?" Calum asked, softly as I stared out the window.

"Alexa, what's wrong?"

"He barely looked at me," My voice cracked.

"Alexa-"

"It's like he didn't even know me,"

"It'll be okay, babe, promise," He comforted and his fingers reached out, intertwining with mine. My hand went limp in his as I barely held on. It didn't feel the same. They didn't have that strong feeling to them. The feeling where if anything happened that you'd be the first priority of him. That he'd murder anyone who came in between the two of you. What happened to that?

" You wanna go make memories?'

I turned to face him and small smirk played on my lips. A big grin hit his face as he swerved out of the lane hitting an illegal u-turn.

"Put in the Little Mix,"

I dug through his sea of cassettes at my feet until I found the black device. I popped it into the radio and loud rock music blasted through the speaker, shaking the car. Calum's shouted along banging his hands against the steering wheel and bobbed his head. I couldn't help but giggle at how silly he look tossing his head around to be music and mumbling along.

"Where do you wanna go?" He shouted over the music and I turned it down slightly, shrugging. We drove for a while until a huge smile crossed Calum's face as he swerved into a parking lot. I squinted my eyes to see the big green letters on the front of the building and groaned when I read them.

"Laser tag," Calum announced proudly, ripping his keys out from ignition.

"Calum, I'm not in the mood," I pouted.

"Too bad," He shrugged stepping out of the car and started towards the building. I scrambled out of my seat and followed behind him, annoyed.

He walked up to the teenage boy cashier and stared at the board above us.

"2 for 3 rounds," He asked pulling his wallet out of his back pocket.

"Not today, sir, we have a birthday party,"

"You're kidding,"

"Yep, sorry,"

"When will they be done?"

"Not till 8:00 tonight, sir,"

Calum let out a loud groan and begged the cashier to let us in for a round until he threatened to call security. We both began to solemnly walk out until Calum stopped in his tracks.

"Where's your guy's bathroom?" He asked with a big cheesy grin and he pointed down the hall. Calum hurried down there and the cashier and I watched him open the door.

My phone buzzed with a text barely even a second later from Calum.

Calum: Create a distraction

I glanced around, nervously and approached the desk once again.

"You're stuck here till 8:00, huh?" I asked leaning over the counter.

"Yeah,everyone's still out of town from Thanksgiving," He sighs twisting his eyebrow piercing in between his fingers and out of the corner of my eye I saw Calum. He waved for me to keep going as he snuck to the black curtain beside the bathrooms where laser tag was.