Chapter 27:

Alexa's POV:

One week later, with Dr Styles' permission, I could leave.

It was only suppose to be another 3 days until the press left.

3 days.

Ashton and Luke had brought me some gray sweatpants and a red plain tshirt from the house and waited for me to be unrestrained by security.

*Flashback*

The littering rain droplets streamed down the window pane as I concentrated from my hospital bed. I would choose two different drops to race to the bottom, making bets on which one would make it first to myself.

I was right most of the time.

A quiet knock against the wood door drew my attention away from the marathon. Michael stood there with an awkward simper. The kind that the person knows something is up, but wants to keep you happy and prevent your feelings from the pain of the news they'll eventually or maybe never drop.

" Michael! You're here," I grinned. He walked over, taking a seat in the doctor's stool beside my bed that Dr Styles had left from his last check up. Before he said anything, I asked him about Calum.

He sighed, scratching the back of his neck.

" He's fine, won his trial and he's home free. Hugh got the full ten years behind bars."

I furrowed my eyebrows.

" That's great, why are you like this?" I questioned, gesturing to his unhappy state. He took a deep breath, taking my hands into his.

"Alexa, listen, Liam is... Gone."

The words pierced my heart.

"Gone. Gone? What do you mean gone?" I panicked, holding tighter.

" He was at Calum's trial and when he was freed, he went off.  Something must have snapped because he was shoving people to try to get to the judge's stand. The police, of course, stopped him and he had to be carried out. The last Calum and I saw, of him was him peeling off in the car into the road like a psychopath."

"A-And?"

"Eventually, Ashton and I went to your house and the place was cleaned out with only the furniture. Like no one lived there. We checked everywhere for a note or something, but nothing. Alexa, he cleaned out the closet of his stuff, the drawers, the fridge, the bathroom, everything. He left the car in the driveway and looking in there from the window, it was completely cleaned out. I-I wish I could help you, I really do, but he's gone."

My entire world came to stop. Everything seemed to stop spinning.

He left me.

My heart pounded in my chest and my mouth went dry.

He left me.

Tears started to brim my eyes, and I started to scream. I shoved Michael away from me and I ripped the IV out of my arm, knocking the stand over. I fell out of bed tearing down the white blanket with me.

" Alexa! Calm down!" Michael begged. I forced the wheeley bed in his direction and he lost his balance as he tried dodging away from it. His body made a loud thud and I quickly whipped open the drawer of medical supplies not far from my bed.

Just as Dr Styles and Perrie rushed in, I had grabbed a long syringe out using it as a weapon.

" STAY BACK. STAY FUCKING BACK." I shrieked, waving the needle around. Two security guards rushed in behind Dr. Styles and he stopped them from coming near me. The hospital gown dangled to my shaking knees. I felt like I was panting.