16.Weird

Ashley's POV,

"Hey Ashley "

"Hey Jessica"

"What are you doing?"

"Just finishing up some work."

Jessica sits down in the chair opposite me. Her usual smile on display.

"So I saw you in Victoria's office yesterday."

"Yeah she called me"

"Oh I got worried because you were in there for like 20 minutes."

"Why?"

"Don't trust Victoria please she's bad news"

"Excuse me?"

"Just listen to me."

I found this conversation weird because Victoria is Jessica's best friend so I don't get why she wants me stay away from her.

"Okay "

This is so weird.

"Will you go on a date with me ?" Jessica asks holding my hand and looking deep into my eyes.

My mind was racing .

Victoria wants me to get with Jessica but I don't think I can do that after finding about Jessica's real personality but in order for this plan to work I need to.

I really need to know why Jessica is warning me about Victoria so I decided to test test waters.

"But why do you want me to stay away from Victoria?  she's your best friend and yeah I get it when you said she's bad news but she's also my boss and she's actually nice once you get to know her"

"Yeah sorry I don't know what came over me but I am just nervous about asking you to date and you know being nervous can make you do stupid things"
Jessica says with a chuckle.

"Uhm okay"

"But did she touch you in anyway?"

"No! what you were getting at?"

"Nothing"

"I'm starting to feel uncomfortable conversation song can you please tell me what's the matter?"

"It's just that she has a girlfriend and I don't want her to try to get my girl that's all"

"Are you drunk?"

She's acting really weird right now and itching her skin.

"What no! Why would you think that?"

" nothing just curious"

"Oh Okay, so I'll pick you up tomorrow at seven"

Jessica stands up, leans over the desk, gives me a cheek kiss and walks out my office.

I'll definitely look into this.

.
.
.
.
.
.

"Woah we haven't done this in a long time"Lynda says taking a bite of her turkey sandwich.

"Yeah " I agreed stuffing my mouth with salad .

"So what's everyone been up to? " I ask my friends who are busy eating .

Although Ava and I wasn't back to back to how we were ,we were still pretty close.

" well ... " Linda begins taking another bite of her sandwich.

"I'm seeing someone, this guy I met at the club last month.I can't wait for you both to meet him" Lynda says almost squealing.

"Same old same old Ava says"  taking a sip of apple juice "

"What about you?" Ava says looking me dead in the eyes .

"Same old same old nothing happened that you guys haven't heard about"

I wasn't lying I just wasn't telling half the truth. Ava eyes me for a moment before going back to her lunch.

I think Lynda hasn't sense the tension between us or she just chose to ignore it.

"What are your plans for this weekend?" Lynda asks finishing her sandwich.

"Well I didn't really plan anything" I answer.
This made me realise how boring yet chaotic my life is.

"Same" Ava says.

"Good let's have a girls weekend we can invite storm" Lynda says smiling.

It's hard to believe she's the oldest between us.

"Well I'm gonna get back to work before Ms steel fires me." Lynda says collecting her things and getting up.

Her name caused a chill to run up my spine. I'll admit I'm still scared of her.

"You know you didn't have to lie "Ava says looking at me while drinking her apple juice .

"With?" I asks confuse

"Saying you don't have plans"

"Because I don't"

"I thought you would now that you're famous and all" .

Wtf

"Excuse me?"

"Just forget it "she says.

"Well I'll  see you at home.  I might come home late. So don't be alarmed if you hear some noise late in the night. see you"  Ava says picking up her tray before walking away.

I didn't bother to watch her walk out.

I don't know what's going on but I know that this is one weird day.

*************************************************************************

It's the girl that disappears for an entire month (not really I have one day left) and then gives you a short chapter. Like wtf is up with this bitch.

Anyways thank you for remembering this book .

Comment your least favorite character.