18. Sleep

Ashley's POV,

"A lot of cocaine was found in her system" Victoria try to explain to me but I was more focused on the fact that Jessica was doing drugs.

"Is she gonna make it out?" I finally ask a question.

"Well we don't know, fuck I don't know she's in a coma or something like that.

Woah someone's moody.

"I can't believe this"

"Neither can I now shut up your talking is making me sick"

Woah one thing I've learn about Victoria is that she does not do well under pressure.

"Do you think someone would have done this to her?" she asks me.

"No I don't know" I say unsure .

"What do you ever know?"

"She wouldn't do drugs again would she?, she promised me she wouldn't oh my God".

I look up at Victoria from my sitting position. She looks stressed and what does she mean by 'again'.

I try to hug her but she shrieks "Get your hands off me!" I backed away from her in shock.

"okay I'm just gonna go"

I run out of the hospital because I don't want this to get out of hand.
"oh my God" I say blowing in the palms of my hand and letting out a sigh in the hospital parking lot. I take a few deep breaths.

I drive out the parking lot; heading home. It has been a long day.
I step inside my house to see Ava pass out on the couch.

"rough day?"she asks.

I didn't really expect her to talk to me and I thought she was sleeping.
"yeah Jessica got into a car accident today"

" oh cool" she says opening and closing her eyes.

"Well I'm going to bed see you tomorrow" I say climbing the stairs to my room. It was already pretty late.

I enter the bathroom and prepare myself for a long hot shower. I need it after what happened today.

I let out a huge sigh I don't know what is going on this is so confusing. My old boring life has drastically change since I moved here.

I lay in my bed staring up at the ceiling before I hear two knocks on the door.

"Come in" I say say not moving from my position.

"Hey" Ava says poking her head inside my room before coming in .

"How are you?" she asks sitting at the edge of my bed.

"I'm good you"

"Same"

"I miss you" I admit after a while.

"Same"

"I'm also sorry for not telling you about Jessica and Victoria. I was so embarrassed and I didn't want you to look at me any different but look where that got me" she says letting out a chuckle.

" I just wasn't ready to tell you but everything just happened so fast. Victoria and Jessica involvement in my life is not something I'm proud of. I tried to forget everything. The pain wasn't worth it and they weren't worth crying over.  I'm happy that you found out the truth and you can move on and forget about those two although we still work with them.
I mean there is no harm in having just a professional relationship with them. I hope that crash knocked some senses into Jessica" Ava says with a small smile.