21. Story time

Ashley's POV,

The grass glides against my feet as I find myself running in the early morning. The wind plays with my hair and the sun shimmer in its golden glow. I know someone is chasing me but I don't have the strength to turn around. I run to a nearby park as my lungs scream in protest.

I try to run further but I can't. The pain all over my body is too much. I collapse into the grass; the little water droplets clash with my pyjamas. My feet burns from running so long. My heart bleeds along with my memories. My eyes hurt from all the running and crying. My adrenaline diminishes and my body jerk forward with more sobs. My body was in pain but nothing pains more than when you find out one of the person you trust the most is not who you think they are.

I feel a hand pulling me up from behind. The smell of the expensive cologne burn my nose and I instantly know who it is.

"Victoria leave me alone" I weakly say. My body has given up the will to fight.

"I'm sorry, I sincerely am. It was not my story to tell"

I don't reply to her.
" I asked her and she said she wasn't ready. I know she's my sister and I know what she did hurts you-" I quickly cut her off.

" you don't understand. I told her everything about me. I trusted her. Even though we have been apart these last few weeks but we still have our sessions where we'd sit down and talk about everything that's going on in our lives. So are you saying me opening up to her and telling her all my secrets wasn't enough for her to open up to me and tell me that you're her sister???"

"I'm sor-"

"No I don't understand why it's always me. Everyone keeps everything away from me. I'm always the last one to find out something. Is there something wrong with me" I cry taking a fistful of her shirt.

"I'm sorry, I truly am. I understand your pain. This is how I felt when I found out I was adopted. I felt my whole world crashing down. My life felt like a lie. I still suffer with depression and bipolar disorder if you haven't notice" she says kissing my head.

I look up at her to see a stray tear fall down her  left cheek.

"If your truly sorry, what does everyone means by Jessica doing drugs again"

She takes a deep breath while looking down on me.

"When we were eighteen Jessica started hanging out with the wrong crowd. I tried to stop her but she'd always tease me about being miss perfect. I proved to her that I'm not miss perfect by hanging out with her and her friends. One day I met this drug lord name Jasper who told me that I look just like my mother. I went home and asked my parents about it. I soon find out I was adopted and Jasper was my dad. Jasper told me that my mom died during childbirth and he couldn't support me so he turned to drugs; because his job required him to move around he had to give me up for adoption. Jasper seemed like a nice guy until one day he wanted money to buy more drugs and well, he had a rich daughter so he held me at gun point and demanded that I give him money. Jessica and a group of friends high off their asses came inside the warehouse. I don't know where she got the gun from but she shot him twice. We left the warehouse that day promising each other that we'd never look at drugs or get involve with it".

Woah.

"I sorry" I say wiping her stray tears.

"It's okay" she says kissing my forehead.

Lost in the moment and each other embrace. I look up at her to see her staring down on me. Our lips unknowingly collide. The world stops. It was just me and her kissing in the park like nothing else in the world matter. The trees gently swayed as if encouraging our actions.
I don't want this moment to end but we needed oxygen.

"That was better than I imagined" she says kissing me on my lips.

"Luckily I woke you up early to brush our teeth" I hear someone say behind us.

I look at Sierra with a smile. It was our ritual to shower and brush our teeth at 4:00 a.m. Most of the time we fell asleep after like this morning.

I look at Sierra and I look at her with my eyes saying that I'll explain later to which she nodded.

We start to walk and I think Victoria say the hesitation on my face.

"The least I can do is apologize for my sister and I actions and invite you both to stay at my house however long you want"

"Hell yeah baby " Sierra screams out before I have time to reply.

I hope I'm not making the wrong decisions.
.

.

.

Jessica's POV,

There was darkness all around me. I could hear a machine beeping.

It sounds like a hospital. It smells like a hospital too.

I start to hear some voices that keeps getting louder and louder until I could make out some words.

"That bitch should have died, I made sure to hit the car at full speed."

Soon everything turned black and I fell back into the deep dark hole.

*************************************************************

I have taken the time to thank some of the persons that have voted on my story and I know I can't get to everyone but thank you so much it means a lot. Thank you for the reads, for adding my story to your libraries, the votes and whatever you have done to support my story.

I want to personally thank @Jamillia446 for the support. You're there every time I update.

Unedited.