𝟐𝟏. no more secrets

WHITE FLAG

chapter twenty-one : no more secrets
{ season two - episode seven }

chapter twenty-one : no more secrets{ season two - episode seven }

THE OTHER SIDE of the door to the room Kloe was currently staying in produced a small, quiet knock. Her head darted over to the small pocket watch that Hershel left on the nightstand so she could check what the time was, and it was 11:15 p.m. She had gone to sleep, but woke up around fifteen minutes after and couldn't get back to sleep.

"Are you awake?" she heard a feminine, thick country accent softly call out to me. In an instant, she knew who it was. Maggie Greene. The eldest daughter of Hershel Greene's.

"Yeah," Kloe replied, also quietly. "For some reason," she added, unsure as to why she was actually awake in the first place.

The doorknob to the door slowly twisted, and the door creaked and screeched open. Maggie tiptoed inside, scrunching her face up to the loud sound that the door was making, and quickly closed it.

She was in her pajamas: a plain, white, low-cut baggy t-shirt and gray sweatpants that were way too small for her. She didn't look tired at all. She looked wide awake. Her short brown hair was a little messy, but not too bad.

Once she shut the door, she looked over at the brunette with squinted eyes. The soft, orange, caramel-colored light from the lamp next to Kloe shined on her face, which was the reason why she was squinting.

Noticing, Kloe gently extended her arm out to the lamp and placed her hands on top of the dimmer switch. She turned it, causing the room to get darker but still light.

"Thanks," she whispered, forming a smile.

"Of course," Kloe responded, nodding at the girl.

"I'm sorry if I disturbed you. It's just- I saw the light from under the door, and I thought you were awake," Maggie apologized, stepping towards the side of the bed Kloe was currently occupying.

"No, no. It's fine. I couldn't sleep anyway," she quickly answered, shaking her head at the girl.

"Oh. I couldn't either," she sat on the end of the bed, still looking down at Kloe. "Why can't you sleep."

Kloe shrugged, "I- I don't know. A lot is just on my mind right now."

"Like what?" Maggie inquired, pity in her emerald green eyes.

Kloe stared at the white sheets that were layering on top of her as she fiddled with the ends of her hair with her hand. "Everything, I guess. Like, Sophia and her disappearance. It doesn't make sense. Then today at the pharmacy, and- and then Isabelle almost killed me, accidentally," she listed.

"I'm sorry for what happened at the pharmacy. We all heard about what happened, Glenn told us," she smiled supportively. "And I'm also sorry for being rude to you and Glenn, but you cannot tell anyone about the barn."