Chapter 1

Wounds upon your flesh, wounds upon your heart, scars upon your skin, scars upon your soul. They all hurt in different ways, yet the ones visible to the eyes of another, are usually the ones that people worry most over. For since they can see it, it exists and it's acknowledged. You are sick, you are hurt, you are bleeding, you need help and comfort and they offer it to you. Yet the broken pieces that resign inside you, are a pain you can not prove and thus it's overlooked.

People that care for someone have the tendency to give more to a sick person, buy them their favourite food, something they always wanted, and fulfil their wishes in an attempt to make them happier. However no matter how much they give to someone who is sick, at that moment that person cannot take it. They can not eat like before, they can not walk like before and the thing they desired to have, fails to make them feel enthusiastic. Why couldn't they have brought all those things to them when they were healthy? Why when they were looking well did no one go out of their way, to give them a bit of their time, their comfort and care? The answer is simple. It's because people tend to trust only what they see, and tend to realize that life flickers when someone they care for was endangered. They try when it's too late. They bring you a bandage instead of having helped and protected that someone, from being broken, to begin with.

Only if it was so easy, for the invisible pain to be acknowledged too. Only if someone could take a look inside the soul of another and witness the pain they are going through, the way they ache and bleed and how they cry in anguish and despair for someone to listen to them. Someone to recognise that this pain is real, it exists. They could break out at some point, and yell that they are suffering even though they have no way of providing evidence for their claim or giving it reason, however speaking out about it doesn't guarantee that the people they have around them will react well, for even if they believe them, they won't necessarily comfort them. Some will blame them. For, unlike a physical wound, there was no one inside them to inflict the pain and thus no one else that wounded them but themselves. They will put fault on the injured soul in an attempt to feel less guilty themselves.

The people that they love are the ones that they chose to love. They gave them access to their heart and with that, they landed in their palm the ability to tear them apart. The more they love them the more power they give to that person to make them happy as well as miserable and according to that thought process, they will put the blame on them and their choices. Why did you love that person so much? Why couldn't you figure it out sooner? Why were you so blind? What were you thinking? You...You...fault runs in a loop that always finds you.

And because of that, most people chose to remain silent and keep their wounds hidden. They will cry alone, they will shatter and pick their pieces, and they will walk to the cliff of death and hold themselves from crossing that line. They become the hug they can't ask of someone else, they comfort themselves through other ways, they seek on their own for the love none is offering to them, for doing it all alone somehow feels less scary than being judged by someone they love.

However, someone so broken and desperate is bound to be fooled, fall into traps and make mistakes, trust people that they shouldn't and give more of themselves in hopes of getting something back. Shattered souls will be the ones that will smile the brightest on the day they want to cry more, they will be the ones who understand others the best even though understanding itself is painful and they will be the ones you will hear speaking positive words and spread hope, for their words are meant to encourage their own selves too.

They will be the ones whose problems you will never truly know, whose thoughts will be the dark shadow of the light words that escape their mouths, they will be the ones that would go to extends to help another, in aspirations that they become for someone what none managed to become for them.