Chapter 24

Darkness hides all one can think of from dreading feelings of fear to flammable passions of love. There's nothing darkness can't cover, anything that darkness can't devour and maybe that was the reason why you felt as if his eyes were engulfing your whole, as they stood at that dangerously close distance from you in that small dark space.

"Why are we hiding?" Jimin's whispering words snapped you out of your momentary frozen trance but it only brought you back to a more difficult reality for your proximity was so close that you felt his breath as he spoke, hitting against your face.

"I am supposed to be a bad influence on Bree according to my father. If he finds me in her room he will go off and start accusing me of stuff. Bree hates it." You informed him briefly of the situation as the last time your father had found out that you and your sister had met up on your own, without his knowledge, you had had a huge fight because of his stupid assumptions of you trying to brainwash BreeAhn to get her on your side and such. The man was highly scared of you speaking the truth to her, and even though sometimes that was enjoyable to you, it was partially hurtful too.

Jimin just nodded his head lightly just as you heard the sound of the door opening, along with BreeAhn's voice. "Why do you want to talk with me right now? Can't we do it later?" She tried once again to change her father's mind as once she had met him in the corridor, she had requested to have a talk with her and she had tried to avoid it, because of you being in her room and because of the simple fact that at that very moment, she was kinda annoyed at him for his previous behaviour.

"No, It can't be later. You are already mad enough that you are trying to avoid me." Your father, told her as he pulled her further inside the room and closed the door so the two could have their privacy.

"Bree, my dear, I know the conversation earlier might have bothered you, but you know that your grandmother wasn't trying to hurt your feelings. That was just her way of praising me through you. She is not that good with words but you do know she still loves you, right?" He placed his hands on her shoulders as he spoke to BreeAhn with a caring gaze on his face, for he knew his daughter best and had understood well that the words that were previously mentioned had triggered her, he just wasn't in a position to support her side at that instant.

"I know, I know...I have to be more understanding." BreeAhn lowered her eyes, speaking of words he had told her all her life on multiple occasions, so much that there were times that she had felt like she had no right to even be mad. She had to always understand him, them, every one.

"Yes, yes you do. And I know that you are."He smiled at her as he spoke, his hands leaving her shoulders only for one of them to reach her hair and pat her softly before he tilted his head and met her gaze again. 

"You know that I love you, right?" Your father uttered with a loving gaze that made BreeAhn smile at him yet for some reason, those words made your eyes grow wide and your face betray the feeling of pain that consumed you.

"You are my daughter, no matter what words I say and how many mistakes I make, I hope you know that you will always be the most important person in my heart. So, don't be mad at me and come make me happy, by gifting me your presence by my side." He went on, every word sounding so cheerful that made BreeAhn's heart feel full for as always her father was showing her that she was loved. 

She was his chosen one. She was the child he loved and cared for and you? You...most likely would never hear such words escaping his lips directed at you.

It wasn't a fact that you didn't know, however strangely enough at that very moment, hearing that left you with a stinking feeling on your chest and eyes full of anger and welled-up tears. A sense of jealousy travelling through your veins, for something you had claimed all your life to yourself that you didn't need nor wanted it. Your father's love.