Chapter 19

I know there has been a time that you made the mistake to want something. And you reinforced that mistake by actually making a step, throwing away your anguish and taking a bit of what you desired. Just a tiny portion would be enough, we all had once claimed.

  '-I don't want much, just for him to look my way,'

- 'I don't want much, just to pass this subject',

-'One bite from this wouldn't hurt,'

-' I just want them to be a little proud of me,'

-'A step further away wouldn't make a difference.' 

Yet before we know it, we find ourselves, craving for more, for once you taste the sweetness of what you desired it becomes so much more difficult to turn your back on it. And such was the case with love too.

Certainly, Jimin had no idea yet what it truly felt like to be loved by you. Heck, he didn't even know how it would feel to have you interested in him however he had felt the warmth of your body and despite how little that was, it had set his soul aflame and made his thoughts dance in the green perfume of greed.

How wrong could it be, that he wanted to know what your love feels like? How wrong could it be, that he was craving it like a whithered flower would crave a drop of water? The desire that had taken a central role at the platform of his emotions was battling the rationality that like a ghost was ruining his hopes, reminding him of reality.

It was foolish for him to allow himself to feel excited over love, especially after everything he had lived through. It was stupid of him that he was deliberately closing his eyes on everything and proceeding to harvest feelings for you, while aware that he could never be with you, even if you were to want him back. Someone as messed up as him, had no chance and he knew it well, but that fact was proving to be weak before his thumbing heartbeat.

Your laugh was echoing in his ears like a blessing, as you found yourself standing by his side on the set, observing while the staff were preparing the shooting scene, which would be the first that Jimin will be shooting for this new project he had undertaken. 

The atmosphere in the park by the Han river - where you were - was delightful but that was not the reason why you had ended up cracking up. A passerby pigeon had just made his presence known and left his mark on the director's head, as he was trying to shoo it away, so they could have a clear view of what they needed to shoot.

 Definitely a funny occurrence, yet as you turned around to look towards Jimin -who was reading over his script the last time you looked his way- you found him already looking at you but once you made eye contact he instantly left his gaze to naturally travel along, pretending that he was just looking around and hadn't been staring at your side profile.

"This director is way funnier than the previous one you had. Look at him laughing despite the fact that he got pooped on." You commented on the situation assuming that he had seen that too and was just trying to be tactful by not commenting or reacting to the sight. There were so many eyes around, after all, he had an image to keep.

"Yeah, I have worked with him before. He is quite unserious as a person but in his profession, he lacks nothing." He gave a casual reply, his tone of voice showing that he wasn't much interested in the conversation as he brought his eyes back on the script before him and pretended to appear focused as if he hadn't already memorised every bit of it.

You stood there in silence as a slight awkwardness started growing in the atmosphere, mostly because of the things that were running in your head, while he appeared occupied.