Chapter 37

Humans are born with a thirst for knowledge as through curiosity we grow. We evolve. A momentary force that leads one to take action, to risk the safety that one could have been given. At an early age, it's easier for our curiosity to make us sway out of our comfort zones but there comes a time that one gets to realize the dangers that surround them. 

Being mature means being able to make a call of judgment and step into situations not out of ignorance or because of the force of your own feelings, but because you have rationally concluded that what you were about to do, was what you would not come to regret no matter what.

 Yet no matter how much a human grows to be wise, we remain ignorant of the present. We could study the past and memorise and learn. We could even predict the future and make assumptions about it with the knowledge of the past. Yet we live in the now, and that moment is one blind spot in our existential journey. For none can know the present beforehand and some truly come to realize it after it has passed.

All our teaching comes from the past. Experiences, tales, experiments. One has lived so another could learn one day how living is, yet none will ever live their present the same way. We all experience things differently and feel things in different depths. We are not the same and that is our biggest perk as it is our biggest barrier. 

No matter how much one warns you, no matter how many stories you hear, how many people you see getting broken and how many facts and truths you are exposed to when your day comes to face a situation you were familiar with in theory, the experience of the now will prove to you, how much you know nothing.

There's nothing that can prepare you for your present. There's nothing that can warn you for the now comes fast and passes as fast. Whatever you are to live, you are bound to live it in utter blindness.

And that fact alone is what sometimes paralyzes people. The unknown can surely be more fearful than hundreds of scary tales you could have heard of. Everything is possible but you will never know which option is waiting for you.

Being aware however of your blindness and ignorance can certainly awaken your instincts while your being is falling prisoner of the claws of dread. The fog of fear had rested like a thin veil before your orbs, as you were standing in front of the small gate.

Your eyes were fixated on the small label above the doorbell, which had written the name of the owner. "Kim EunSoo" It looked like you had travelled to the past for nothing seemed to have changed at this man's house. Even the street light close by was flickering in the same annoying manner.

"Make sure to not touch anything. We don't need unnecessary fingerprints around." P3 secured his gloves as he spoke a bit louder than usual for the rain was pouring like crazy.

"You have Jin on the phone throughout all our time here" He placed his palm on the handle while he was looking at you." And you, keep that umbrella low as we walk to his main door and make sure you remain by the doorstep. We need someone outside in case of an emergency." He instructed DongMin and he hurried to lower the umbrella at the front for that was the only umbrella you had and was sheltering you three for the moment.

You followed Jimin as he opened the gate and walked to the property, while you retrieved your phone from your pocket and called Jin, him picking up immediately.

"We are here. Is InSu ready?" You whispered on the line and Jin looked over at the younger stranger with whom he had passed his whole day.

"He had already cleared the security camera by his door. Working on his alarm system right now." Jin responded just as you three had reached his doorstep.

P3 opened his fingers in a restless manner once his feet had halted by the door, giving you the instant impression that he was not fond of waiting much.