Chapter 41

The light of the shining moon found its way through the crack of the curtains and illuminated the empty side of his bed, which he was staring at. 

 With morning fast approaching, he knew he needed to catch some rest before his daily routine began, but his body and mind were at odds. After you, Jimin and DongMin had left for the night, Jungkook had informed Boram of the guest room she should be using then he had excused himself to rest. A rest that didn't seem to be able to find him. 

Jungkook dragged himself out of bed, frustration gnawed at his mind like a persistent itch. His thoughts refused to quiet down, no matter how much more the night continued to wear on. Tossing and turning, he couldn't shake the feeling of unease that lingered within him.

It could be considered normal for certainly this night had been full of shocking information for him and thus his mind was bound to hang on them and think of them to no end. To the point that he had given birth to a hundred questions and he had none around to answer them for him.

He had made a mental note on calling you in the morning but he seemed to be impatient and anxious over him forgetting the wonders and gaps he needed to fill, so he walked out of his room and made his way to his small office space, where he occupied his chair and started scribbling on a piece of paper, all his thoughts.

After some minutes, he came to lean back and take a look at all his scattered thoughts that he had laid on that paper and feel slightly better that at least he had let them out. 

"Maybe now I will be able to sleep." He murmured to himself as a smile reached his lips then he stood up and stepped out of the room, only to get startled by a soft screaming voice, that made him snap his head in the direction of the guest room.

He recognised that was Boram's voice instantly and even though he had been cold with her after Jimin and the rest had left, he still got worried enough by her sudden voice that he barged into the guest room, only to find her in her bed.

"What? What's wrong?" He uttered as he approached more, only to take notice that she seemed like she was asleep.

"Are you kidding me? Does she talk in her sleep? This woman is troublesome even when she is unconscious."He shook his head in disappointment and turned around to take his leave, only for her next words to halt his steps.

"Mom--Please." Boram's voice echoed shakily in the atmosphere of the darkroom as her face twisted in fear for in her mind she was reliving one of her nightmares. 

Nightmares she had lived in reality too and used to follow her even in her dreams, making most of her nights, spent in the arms of hellish memories. Having a peaceful slumber had been rare for her yet she always went to sleep, with the hope of something changing.

Jungkook stood still for a while and allowed the silence to take over the space. He knew that he should just walk out and ignore this for it was not something he could fix. So what if her slumbers were not peaceful, sometimes neither were his. It's not like he could change anything by staying for she was asleep, yet no matter how much his mind was enforcing his opinion that he would be doing well to let this be, there still existed a part within him that bothered him.

"I am not gonna let her sleep over here again. All she knows how to do well is to inconvenience me." He murmured under his breath as he turned around and walked closer to her bed, noticing her forehead that was covered by sweat, and her face seemingly distorted in pain.

Her knuckles were white, making him wonder just how tightly was she grabbing those bedsheets. 

"Take me out..." She uttered faintly making Jungkook raise an eyebrow at her for he didn't quite catch those words of hers.