Chapter 33

The clapperboard echoed in the atmosphere bringing the room to silence and allowing a new reality to start unravelling before the spectators as the actors were embodying new characters, having thrown themself on the side.

So intriguing their acting was, so realistic and flawless that made you think that this cast was definitely going to reach far in their careers. But what had gotten you more astonished than anything else was the fact that P3's skills in the art of acting were at the same level as Jimin's were to not say even better.

Jimin held the title of the top actor in the country and had people after him waiting to surpass him. How ironic was the fact that his only true opponent even in this field, seemed to be coming from within him? It almost made you crack up thinking about how Jimin would grow antagonistic and petty if you ever were to tell him that.

The image of him scolding you just for thinking that anyone could be better at him in acting, had you smiling to yourself in the corner of the room where you were, only for that smile to fade away while your eyes kept observing Jimin's figure from afar. 

He was right there. Close enough for you to rush to him and reach him if you wanted to. Close enough for him to hear you if you were ever to call his name. Yet he was not there. He wouldn't hear you no matter how much you could utter his name out loud. Nor you could reach him by simply getting a hold of his flesh. He was somewhere you couldn't go and that realisation made you feel as if someone had made the world a shade greyer.

Is it normal to miss someone when their body is just right there or am I losing my sanity too?

You thought to yourself briefly before the vibration of your phone distracted you from your thoughts.

Hurriedly you turned around and took some steps further outside in order to find a place and reply to the one that was calling you to your surprise, was none other than Jungkook.

"Hello?" Your voice echoed in the line once outside of the building and Jungkook rushed his words while he was looking around, in the bathroom where he had escaped after he had literally gone into the meeting room with his CEO and sold the same lie to Boram's mother and Boram herself.

To say that the shock on her face hadn't satisfied him initially, would be a lie, but as the conversation went on and his CEO gave him and Boram his blessing to date, he had found himself holding her hand while she was still dazed and a realisation had hit him like a track.

A realisation of which he had to talk to you about as quickly as possible and thus he had walked out of there with Boram and had urged her to go ahead and wait for him in his waiting room, while he excused himself in the bathroom.

"I just realized that I walked myself on what I was initially trying to escape. Are you sure that this all isn't a scheme and she really needed help?" He blubbered on the line quickly, confusing the heck out of you as you didn't understand what was he talking about.

"How about you elaborate? You know I can't read your mind." You replied and he took a deep breath to calm himself before giving it a try to explain.

"Turns out Boram, my Ceo's daughter that was harassing me is actually being abused by her mom and long story short I couldn't keep myself out of it and just some minutes ago, I met her parents, claimed that I was dating her and all. I thought that I could buy some time for her with this lie but I still can't trust her. Please tell me that she really needed help and I haven't been fooled and ended up doing what they wanted me to do from the beginning."

His fear started making sense as he went on because he apparently ended up being in the same position he was initially trying to avoid. Being associated with Boram whom he thought was obsessed with him. Unlike him however you weren't doubting her for when you had found out the truth, they didn't know you were overhearing them and thus there was no way she and her mother were putting on a show.