Chapter 11

A blink of an eye is all it takes for an existence to cease. A mere second for a life to come to an end. How would he live if he was to have been aware of that fact? Would he be going around smiling as he was at that moment? Would he be having that enthusiastic look -that was making the snapper that had him on his aim- feel agitated at the sight?

The way Jimin's face was beaming with arrogance at that moment -made the finger of the unknown man that was hidden in the shadows- slightly twitch in irritation. If it wasn't for the fact that he had orders against taking his life completely, he was certain that by now, he would have gladly shattered the brains out of the actor's head by now.

Yet as he fired his weapon and left the bullet to pierce through the air of the abandoned parking lot that you had come in, he felt a sense of satisfaction, as the crashing sound of the windows of the van and the screams of uttered surprise and fear that had escaped out of your mouth immediately after, had brought the stranger a little brief delight.

You on the other hand, along with DongMin and Jimin, had found yourself squatted on the floor, holding onto your heads out of reflex, as your breath was caught up in your lungs and your ears were ringing because of the unexpected loud noise they withstood.

Your mind had yet to process what had just happened but after a few seconds ticked away, you dared to open your eyes, only to witness a body that had caged you inside its embrace protectively. As he pulled away, you made eye contact with Jimin who glanced at you full of worry before his voice managed to reach your ears.

"Are you okay? Did you get hurt?" He questioned, somehow his intonation sounding slightly distant at first but as he reached his last word, your ears fall into their normal state and you could hear him clearly. 

You could hear the sharp and heavy breathes of DongMin that was a foot or two away as well as the rhythm of your heartbeat that for some reason had felt as if had paused for an instant.

"I will call the police." DongMin had managed to pull himself together and the first thought had obviously been a rational one, but as soon as he reached out for his mobile, Jimin took hold of his arm and once their eyes met, he became aware that he wouldn't want him to do that.

"Calm down. Let's calm down. It was nothing serious." Jimin tried to reassure the fear that he was aware that had instantly woke up inside both of you, yet inside him, to his own surprise, he had never felt calmer. 

Part of him was expecting them to make a move to scare him away and even though he wasn't expecting them to make such a move so soon, he couldn't help but still have on his lips a smile that had made both you and DongMin look at him in utter confusion and slightly more worried about his behaviour than the occurrence itself.

His hand brushed against your head endearingly before he stood up on his feet again, and turned around showing that smile and face full of satisfaction to the one who he wasn't aware of the whereabouts but because he had shot at them, Jimin had gotten to know of his existence.

"Did what I said earlier, trigger you?" He left his voice boom around the atmosphere as he lifted his arms by the side of his body, almost challengingly. An action that made you worried and scared for him so you stood up and slightly made one step towards him, your arm reaching out and lightly taking hold of the fabric of his shirt.

The feeling made him look briefly past his shoulder and after then gave you a wink, as if to let you know that he had everything under control and you had nothing to worry about. A thing that you didn't believe obviously for you were in a place you had never been before and no one else knew that you had gone there except Jiya who had just driven off some minutes ago. There was no way for anyone to know that you are in danger and come to your aid, yet while you were feeling as if you were standing in the mouth of a wolf, Jimin appeared quite calm.