Chapter 36

What kind of person is one that desires peace? One that has longed for it and has prayed for it for as long as he could recall.

Virtues one could call him. A pure soul with hopes resting in his heart. Hopes that had been born from the innocence of one's essence and the naivety of youth.

When he was young, he was enraged by any conflictual acts anyone could start. His then mind could not comprehend why there was a need for confrontation, for fights. And when his parents would argue before his eyes, he couldn't help but hate the sight. 

For Jimin, peace had always been something he craved for. He could step into his home and smile, knowing that his smile would not provoke turbulence. However, that didn't mean he preferred silence either.

All he wanted was to co-exist with the people he loved so much in peace but for some reason, his parents always seemed agitated by each other. He grew up loved by them both. His mother used to cherish him as any mother would and spoil him with food while his father would play with him and listen to any interests he was to pick up. But that was something that went smoothly only when he was with one of them at a time. Happiness lasted only when they were two and not three and with time, the division had started eating at his heart.

They were a family and they were his parents so why couldn't they seem to be in each other's presence without accusing one another of something? It took little Jimin some years to find the answer to that- and that was the first time he gathered and confronted them.

The seven years old Jimin raised his voice loud and clear and broke the truth of his observation.

"You don't love each other anymore. Do you?" 

Back then, his heart was beating in fear of losing hope for ever getting peace with his two beloved parents. Cause he couldn't do without any of them. For him, one was not enough. He loved them both so much and his heart would have liked to have them together.

To his delight, however, his parents laughed at his words. They hugged him, smiled at him, and even claimed him to be cutely silly before they sat him down and explained that their arguments were not because they didn't love each other but because of life. Keeping a family was not easy and winning money was not it, they had told him. The world frustrates them and they leash out at each other sometimes, but that's how they are and will always be. 

A reassuring statement meant for his ears but for some reason, the fact that they weren't planning on changing nor seeing the problem with their way of living made Jimin understand why obtaining peace wasn't easy.

His hope had not died however and he had continued to grow, seeking peace, maintaining balance and spreading friendliness everywhere he was to go.

Many used to refer to him as a soft guy that was unable to do anything. A weakling, who instead of fighting against the other kids that occasionally bullied him, would try to psychoanalyze them in order to help them find peace of mind. Maybe his father's mindset had started rubbing on him a bit too much, but he had made a vow to him. 

Every martial art skill his father had taught him had been under the promise to never be used to harm anyone. The world of martial arts had been one he had been introduced to since he was four and at thirteen he had come to accept this hobby as his way of leashing out the frustration that the world put on him.

A much better way than the one his parents had. A more peaceful way. One that would not hurt the feeling of any bystander that could come across and watch him.

No matter what, he had sworn to himself. Violence will never be something that will identify with him, be it verbal or physical. That determined belief however had come to shatter along with his mind that fateful night.