Chapter 56

Amidst the white fog and a heavy sensation weighing on his forehead, Jimin awakened in an environment he could not recognize for quite a while, despite how much his vision got cleared and his spinning head grew steadier.

 The ceiling, an austere and unfamiliar expanse, greeted his hesitant gaze that travelled around once and twice in search of something that could strike any thoughts that could help him. His last memory had ended in a totally different state than he was now. He should have been lying on the dirt and not on a soft bed, and he should have been covered in blood, but as he lifted his hand and observed it, there didn't seem to be any deep wounds on his skin.

"P3" Jimin murmured to himself as his memories started getting clearer and he recalled the one who was threatening to take over him that night when those people had lured him into a trap and were beating him up.

The agonizing prospect clawed at his consciousness. "Did I...did I hurt anyone?" The contemplation jolted him to an upright position, an abrupt motion that sent his head into a tumultuous spin, causing him to wince in anguish as he lowered his throbbing skull onto his trembling hands.

"Gosh, Just how heavy was the sedative Jin gave me this time? I feel so drowsy," he murmured, massaging his temple and gently rapping his cheeks to ward off the lethargy.

It took him some minutes to feel like he had still control over his reality and so Jimin confidently shoved the blankets that were covering him away and allowed himself to make his first step outside of the unfamiliar bed.

With every fibre of his being yearning for revival, the very first impulse that coursed through his awakened senses was the need to find the restroom so he could throw some water on his face and awaken himself more, but before that, he searched for a light switch, so he could turn on the lights and get rid of this dark atmosphere that was favouring his sleepy state.

It took him a moment to find it above the bedside table and as he pressed on the switch, his eyes happened to catch sight of his phone that was resting there. Jimin took hold of it almost instantly and tried to unlock it, thinking of calling Jin to inform him of what had happened so far and where the heck had he let him. 

The date and time unfurled before him as soon as the screen flashed, a revelation that knotted his brows and widened his eyes in shock. 

"What?! Just how long has he been in charge? What chaos could have P3 brought all these days." The realization was a torrent that spurred him into immediate action. Swiftly, he located Jin's contact and initiated the call, his unstable breaths being a representation of bewilderment and concern. However, the call remained unanswered, making Jimin grow even more restless.

"Where in the world am I? Why did he leave me alone?" He held his phone securely in his hand before he stormed out of the room and found himself in an unknown corridor where he just followed the light, that got him to a living room.

His presence was instantly noticed by Boram who was pacing up and down, looking rather anxious while Jimin just stared at her, utterly confused.

 "Oh, you've awakened," Boram exclaimed, her voice a mixture of relief and concern. She rushed to Jimin's side, a sense of urgency in her every step, as she reached out to grasp his arm, offering the support he so desperately needed. Jimin, however, found himself transfixed by her presence, still unable to say a thing for he didn't even know why was she there nor did he know if this was her apartment or something. He was certain though that it was not her house for there he had been at once.

"Come let me help you take a seat."  Boram insisted, guiding Jimin to the nearby couch. His eyes darted around the room in hopes of taking sight of someone whom he could actually ask all these questions that he had.