Chapter 38

The van rumbled down the narrow streets, its wheels scraping against the gravel road. Inside, a group of four individuals sat in silence, their faces grim and tense. Moonlight streamed in through the windows, casting their faces in a pale glow.

"Can someone tell me where I'm driving to?" DongMin's voice broke the silence, his tone impatient. He had asked the question thrice already, but both you and Jimin seemed to have been ignoring him each time.

"We obviously can't just barge into his house," you replied, breaking the silence. "We need a blood sample from him, and to get that, we need to find a way to get to him without anyone noticing."You ignored DongMin once more as you finally uttered some of the thoughts that had been swirling in your head.

For even if you were to manage to somehow make your way back to that secret room that was on Mr DuHo's villa, as that ex-NIS worker had spoken earlier,  the safety system wouldn't let you in the archive without his blood sample.

The room you had been in was most likely just a pre-area, and somewhere in those walls was hidden the path to the archive's security system.

"How about we pretend we're giving him a free check-up?" DongMin suggested, earning a glare from you.

"He's a rich man," you said, rolling your eyes. "He can afford his check-ups. Besides, we can't trust any medical professionals. They could blow our cover."

"We could ask Jungkook for help. He's Mr DuHo's trusted associate. He could easily get us the blood sample we need." P3 spoke up his thoughts, his voice calm and measured as he had concluded that only through Jungkook's involvement, you could have better chances of success.

"But that would mean revealing sensitive information to him," you protested. Keeping the following sentence that got born in your head to yourself. "Information that Jimin might not be comfortable sharing."

Even though you knew that Jungkook seemed generally kind and naive, the situation was too suspicious for anyone to agree to get on it blindly.

The issue was that if you were to tell him that his manager is a NIS worker and is hiding a file Jimin needs, Jungkook would end up raising many questions, such as why was NIS involved with Jimin, to begin with, and what kind of file was that. Questions you could not answer without mentioning the scandals they have been trying to get Jimin in. Information that Jimin might not be fond of sharing and there was no way of you asking him about it right now since his body was occupied by another personality of his.

"Can't you use something against him?" P3 interjected, earning a sharp gaze at his side profile from you.

"Even if I could, I would not do such a thing. He is a nice person and we were kinda becoming friends."

"Wait a minute," DongMin interrupted. "How did you even become friends with Jungkook? And how did you end up being his companion at that party that caused all those suspicions about Jimin?"

"That's none of your business," you snapped, glaring at him.

DongMin chuckled softly, his eyes crinkling at the corners. "Relax. I'm just curious."

You sighed, feeling the tension drain from your body. "It's a long story," you said. "And we don't have time for it now."

P3 groaned, his face etched with frustration. "Can we just focus on the task at hand?" he said as he glared sharply at you both, letting you understand that he wasn't appreciative of the unnecessary bickering between you two.

"Sorry," you and DongMin mumbled simultaneously as you felt slightly intimidated by him while DongMin lingered his gaze on Jimin subtly through the rearview mirror